Michele Bundy Slams Sexual Assault Charges On Shannon SharpeSeptember 16th, 2010 - 6:54 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former NFL tight end and TV personality Shannon Sharpe has found himself in the line of fire after the recent sexual assault charges by Michele Bundy. Shannon Sharpe has confirmed that he will be stepping down from his position as analyst on ‘NFL Today’ which airs on CBS on Sundays. He said that he will be stepping down for an unknown period till the matter is settled by the court. Michele Bundy has alleged that the former NFL star has forced her to have sex and also put her under surveillance. She has also added that he has given her life threats. The case has been classified under ‘Family Violence’.
Shannon Sharpe’s decision to step down from his position on the show came after a superior court slammed a restraint order against him that was filed by Michele Bundy. According to the reports, the allegations could be devastating for the career of the NFL star as he is presently under consideration of being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Interestingly, the NFL player and TV personality has no history of violence or crime in his past.
Shannon Sharpe played as a tight end in the NFL and retired in 2004. At the end of his 13 year career, he held the all time record for career receiving yards as a tight end. He joined CBS as a broadcaster in the same year and went on to become an important face in the coverage of the NFL by the CBS Network. The hearing of the case is scheduled on September 20. A spokesperson for the network has said that the network accepted the decision of the former NFL star but refused to comment on the matter in light of the on going investigation.
- Gus Johnson to leave CBS - May 06, 2011
- Jane Skinner Quits Fox To Spend Time With Family - Jun 26, 2010
- Deion Sanders Inducted In Pro Football Hall Of Fame - Feb 06, 2011
- Katie Couric inks $20 million deal with ABC - May 06, 2011
- TV commentator Andy Rooney dead - Nov 06, 2011
- Pentagon policy chief to step down - Dec 13, 2011
- Katie Couric signs a $20 million deal with ABC - May 06, 2011
- Kendra Wilkinson's sex tape cover revealed but release delayed - May 19, 2010
- Jessica Simpson engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson - Nov 16, 2010
- Two Massage Therapists - Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole Sues Brett Favre - Jan 04, 2011
- Randy Moss might make a comeback to NFL - Feb 14, 2012
- Brandon Spikes's Raunchy Video Under NFL Scanner - Sep 01, 2010
- James Brown In Tears After CBS Features Chris Henry's Story - Nov 26, 2010
- Former NFL NY Giants Star Lawrence Taylor Arrested - May 06, 2010
- Janevksi replaces Toshack as Macedonia coach - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: broadcaster, bundy, cbs network, family violence, former nfl, hall of fame, history of violence, kar, line of fire, michele, nfl player, nfl star, receiving yards, sexual assault charges, shannon sharpe, spokesperson, superior court, tight end, time record, tv personality