Michael Beasley Traded To Minnesota TimberwolvesJuly 9th, 2010 - 8:35 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Minneapolis, July 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Miami Heat side might not exactly regret the giving away of the 2008 No.2 overall draft pick Michael Beasley if LeBron James signs up eventually. The positive to take from the trade is that they have found a suitable taker for the young player in the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Minnesota Timberwolves have also traded the future 2011 second round pick with the Miami Heat to complete the trade. The two teams have also agreed to a swap of the first round picks in the 2011 NBA Drafts.
Michael Beasley has been absorbed quite easily into the Minnesota Timberwolves because of their relatively empty salary cap space. The move has also given the Miami Heat the financial flexibility to accommodate the dramatic change in their rosters. Miami Heat are looking at a roster that will boast of the King of the free agents, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. The announcement of LeBron James on Thursday that he would be joining Miami has forced Miami Heat side to make as much free space as possible. The Minnesota Timberwolves have reportedly signed a contract with Michael Beasley with a $4.9 million salary for the next season. He averages 14.8 points per game and 6.4 rebounds in his 78 games so far.
In the last two seasons Michael Beasley has averaged 14.3 points per game and 5.9 rebounds for the Miami Heat. There are some questions about his maturity considering his off court activities. He was involved in a drugs controversy that also included other fellow rookies in 2008. Though not charged, he was later forced to confess by Pat Riley that he was present in the room where the police busted the players but had sneaked out before the arrival of the cops. He has also checked into rehabilitation once.
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- James, Bryant named Players of the Week - Jan 10, 2012
- NBA Free Agency Begins On Thursday - Jul 01, 2010
- Pat Riley: Man Behind The Big Trio - Jul 09, 2010
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Miami Heat Stars Speak About The Game After Their Defeat - Oct 27, 2010
- LeBron James' Faces The Heat - Jul 09, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
- Golden State Warriors Loses To Miami Heats - Dec 11, 2010
- Boston Celtics Wins Against Miami Heats With 88-80 - Oct 27, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: cap space, chris bosh, dramatic change, dwayne wade, financial flexibility, free agents, free space, kar, lebron james, maturity, meena, miami heat, michael beasley, minnesota timberwolves, nba drafts, pat riley, rebounds, rookies, salary cap, two seasons