Miandad says China good neutral venue for Pak cricketDecember 15th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec.15 (ANI): Former captain and Pakistan’s cricket ambassador to China Javed Miandad believes that if China becomes another venue for Pakistan’s offshore international matches, then it will also help promote the game in that country.
“At a time when cricket playing nations are reluctant to visit Pakistan, I think China is another option for us to arrange our home series at that neutral venue,” the Daily Times quoted Miandad as saying at a press conference on Tuesday.
He said the Chinese wanted to promote cricket in their country, which was the most popular game of sub-continent.
“They want to promote cricket and need our help for that. I think the best thing that we can do in this regard is to hold our matches there,” he said.
Miandad, one of the mentors of the fledgling sport in China, said that the cricket stadium at Guangdong University of Technology, where the Asian Games Twenty20 Tournament was held, was suitable for all kind of international matches.
He said China had great talent for cricket and their future in the game was bright. (ANI)
- Pakistan mooting China as neutral venue for cricket - Dec 03, 2010
- PCB must look beyond Miandad for Pak batting coach: Waqar - Apr 14, 2011
- Former Pak cricketers urge India, Pak governments to revive cricket ties - Apr 18, 2011
- Tendulkar named ICC's ambassador for 2011 World Cup - Nov 11, 2010
- Pak's holding of Quaid-e-Azam final under lights may revolutionize Test cricket: Miandad - Jan 13, 2011
- Resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket series important for world cricket: Miandad - Jun 14, 2010
- 'World Cup semi-finalist' Pak team richer by over a million dollars - Apr 04, 2011
- PCB appoints Miandad as Pak team's 'batting consultant' - Nov 27, 2010
- Tendulkar named brand ambassador for World Cup - Nov 11, 2010
- World Cup winning captains relive historic moments - Dec 09, 2010
- Pakistan can defend the World Twenty20 crown, says Afridi - Apr 15, 2010
- Miandad opts out of NZ tour to avoid confusion - Dec 10, 2010
- Miandad all praise for Indian PM's cricket diplomacy for 'friendlier' Indo-Pak ties - Mar 30, 2011
- Miandad claims PCB sidelining him despite Zardari giving him more authority - Oct 14, 2010
- ICC endorses first class Test match played in 'day and night' format in Pakistan - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: ambassador, asian games, china, continent, cricket stadium, fledgling sport, game, guangdong, islamabad, javed miandad, mentors, neutral venue, pak cricket, pakistan, regard, university of technology