Miami Heat win second NBA titleJune 22nd, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Miami Heat defeated Oklahoma City Thunder in the fifth game of the National Basketball Association (NBA) finals Friday to win the series 4-1 and the championship for the second time in its history.
After trailing two points early in the first quarter, Heat controlled the rest of the game and finished with a comfortable lead 121-106.
Miami’s big performers were “Big Three” LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh, and by Mike Miller, who was seven for eight three-pointers. Regular-season MVP LeBron James won the accolade in the finals, achieving a triple-double with 26 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds.
Tim Duncan of San Antonio was the last man to take both MVP awards, in the 2002-03 season.
“I dreamt about this moment for a long time,” James said. “My dream has become a reality now and that is the best time I’ve ever had.”
Asked about his double MVP gong, James said: “That’s for you to write, to say that I’m the best player of the league, all I know, that I’m the champion and that is all that matters.”
Miami finished second in the Eastern Conference this season. On the road to the title, the Heat eliminated the New York Knicks 4-1, the Indiana Pacers 4-2, and the Boston Celtics 4-3.
After losing the first final game in Oklahoma City, they took the next four straight.
Miami’s first championship came in 2006, when it beat the Dallas Mavericks to the title.
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Pat Riley: Man Behind The Big Trio - Jul 09, 2010
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- Olympics: We are here for gold, says LeBron James - Jul 27, 2012
- Miami Heat Stars Speak About The Game After Their Defeat - Oct 27, 2010
- Boston Celtics Wins Against Miami Heats With 88-80 - Oct 27, 2010
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Kevin Durant finally hits the 50 point - Feb 24, 2012
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Golden State Warriors Loses To Miami Heats - Dec 11, 2010
- LeBron James' Faces The Heat - Jul 09, 2010
- Michael Beasley Traded To Minnesota Timberwolves - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,