Messi and Higuain are little girls, mocks Peru defenderSeptember 14th, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Sep 14 (IANS) Peru defender Carlos Zambrano has labelled Argentina stars Lionel Messi and Gonzalo Higuain “little girls” following the teams’ 1-1 draw in Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier in Lima.
Zambrano also accused Messi of being “scared” by the occasion Thursday, reports Xinhua.
“He didn’t do much. Maybe he was scared, I don’t know,” Zambrano said.
“We deserved to win. We were the better team and I’m angry that we only managed to get one point from the match.”
“They complained about everything. They are little girls. Higuain tried to provoke me the entire match but I didn’t get sucked in.”
Zambrano gave Peru the lead with an early strike before Real Madrid forward Higuain equalised at the Estadio Nacional.
Peru had the best of the second-half chances while Argentina struggled to maintain possession in the opposition half.
“They were impotent and frustrated. They didn’t know how to stop us and couldn’t win possession of the ball,” Zambrano added.
“They tried to unsettle me with insults but when they were tackled they complained and went to ground. They think they are untouchable but football is a game for men.”
Despite the result, Argentina remains on top of South America’s Conmebol standings with 14 points from seven matches. Peru is seventh with seven points from as many games.
- Argentina remain on top despite 1-1 draw - Sep 12, 2012
- Qualifying first is not important: Messi - Sep 08, 2012
- Argentina face Paraguay in World Cup qualifier - Sep 07, 2012
- Higuain delighted with second consecutive hat-trick - Oct 16, 2011
- Argentina, Ecuador win opening FIFA World Cup qualifiers - Oct 08, 2011
- Birthday boy Messi needs gift of a goal - Jun 23, 2010
- Young German side humbles Maradona's Argentina 4-0(Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- Eusebio picks Villa and Higuain - Jul 01, 2010
- Mourinho blames holidays for his players's lethargic show - Jan 04, 2012
- All set for Messi magic Friday - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: argentina, carlos zambrano, conmebol, entire match, estadio nacional peru, game, insults, lionel messi, little girls, many games, opposition, possession, rio de janeiro, seven points, south america, world cup qualifier, xinhua