Mercedes and Jaypee Sports launch performance driving academyJanuary 4th, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) Luxury auto major Mercedes-Benz and Jaypee Sports International Wednesday launched a performance driving academy at the Buddh International Circuit race track in Greater Noida suburb of the national capital.
“Mercedes-Benz has decades of experience in this arena and we have found the perfect partner in them,” said Sameer Gaur, managing director and chief executive, Jaypee Sports International (JPSI).
The JPSI-AMG academy is offering a “basic” course that will teach learners how to drive a sports car. AMG is the premium race car of Mercedes-Benz.
The course fee for Mercedes customers is Rs.50,000 per person. For others, it is Rs.75,000 per person.
“Under the guidance of expert instructors who are former race drivers and champions themselves, our patrons will now have an opportunity to hone their driving skills,” said Peter Honegg, managing director and chief executive, Mercedes-Benz India.
The academy, set up in partnership with Mercedes-Benz, is the fourth such facility by the German automaker after the ones in the US, Germany and China.
The 5.14-km circuit has been designed by German architect and racetrack expert Hermann Tilke.
- Learn the art of speed on F1 race track - Oct 03, 2011
- Mercedes to set up driving academy in India - Aug 24, 2011
- Indian F1 promoters hope to break even in three years - Oct 18, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz is official partner of Noida F1 track - Aug 24, 2011
- From food joints to helipad - the business of F1 - Oct 23, 2011
- Soon, test your car's horsepower without fear of speeding ticket - Sep 28, 2011
- 70 percent of tickets for inaugural Indian GP sold - Oct 18, 2011
- India's Formula-1 track promoters sure of breaking even - Aug 24, 2011
- F1 Indian Grand Prix venue named 'Buddh International Circuit' - Apr 09, 2011
- Buddh International Circuit comes in for huge praise - Oct 30, 2011
- Jaypee gets exclusive TV rights for Superbike World Championship - Aug 07, 2012
- FIA GT1 World Championship: Budh International to host 2012 season final - Feb 13, 2012
- Mercedes launches the new M-Class - Jan 05, 2012
- F1 Indian Grand Prix will make overtaking easier - Apr 25, 2011
- India major market for motor sports: GT1 boss - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: amg, driving academy, expert instructors, german architect, german automaker, hermann tilke, jaypee, launch, learners, luxury auto, managing director, mercedes benz, mercedes benz india, perfect partner, race car, race drivers, racetrack, sports car, sports international, us germany