Memoir on Amanda Beard in the makingDecember 15th, 2010 - 10:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new memoir of Amanda Beard is still being worked on but the details in the book has been revealed.
The memoir gives and unprecedented look into the private life of the Olympic swimmer. The book chronicles among other things Amanda’s struggle with alcohol, drug and eating disorders. She hopes that by coming out with her own struggles, others in her condition will also find the strength to confront their own challenges themselves.
She is quoted as saying that the memoir will, “help others, especially high school and college-aged women, who may be dealing with some of the same issues.”
Amanda has an extraordinary story to tell. She is the second youngest American Olympic medalist. She was only 14 years when she won an Olympic gold medal and two silvers during the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996.
She has since then gone on to compete in all subsequent Olympic games winning several other medals after that.
The memoir is dubbed, “In the Water They Can’t See You Cry” and it is set for release in April 2012. She plans to compete in the Olympics in London in 2012.
- American Swimmer, Amanda Beard, Is Inscribing A Memoir Detailing Her Tormenting Past - Dec 15, 2010
- Amanda Beard's Memoir Coming In 2012 - Dec 15, 2010
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Japan aims for top five finish at London Olympics - Apr 19, 2012
- London Olympics to go down as Athletes' Games: IOC chief - Aug 13, 2012
- National Games: Chennai girl becomes youngest swimmer to win medal - Feb 15, 2011
- Woman power at London Games (Olympic diary) - Aug 07, 2012
- Shiva Thapa youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian sportspersons have gone to London thinking of gold - Jul 25, 2012
- Shiva, Sangwan secure London Olympics berth (Roundup) - Apr 11, 2012
- Britain's taekwondo athlete Stevenson takes Olympic oath - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympic medal next target: Sania - Jun 08, 2012
- Amanda Beard Shares Photographs With Her Son - Nov 22, 2009
- Bellucci only Brazilian in Olympics tennis singles - Jun 27, 2012
- Olympic gatecrasher now hogs limelight in virtual world (Olympic diary) - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: alcohol drug, atlanta olympic games, beard, challenges, eating disorders, london, medals, memoir, olympic games, olympic gold medal, olympic medalist, olympic swimmer, olympics, private life, struggle