Melvin Guillard Convincingly Defeats Evan Dunham At ‘UFC: Fight For The Troops 2′January 23rd, 2011 - 9:09 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Fort Hood, Jan 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) All the fans of American mixed martial arts fighter Melvin Guillard were in for a huge treat after the much-acclaimed fighter defeated his opponent Evan Dunham convincingly on Saturday night at the UFC Fight Night 23 Main Card. Melvin Guillard beat his opponent via TKO (strikes) at 2:58 in the round to ensure his victory at the ‘UFC: Fight for the Troops 2′ held last night at Fort Hood, in the U.S. state of Texas. All the supporters of Evan Dunham, who felt that his last defeat to Sean Sherk during their September fight was nothing more than a result of poor judging skills as he deserved to be announced as a winner, would surely agree that during last night’s bout he never really stood a chance.
As the much-anticipated bout commenced, Evan Dunham was knocked down by his opponent with a big blow which was then followed up by a series of knees which left the former with no other option but remain fixed against the cage. With two minutes and 58 seconds into the bout, referee Mario Yamasaki intervened to halt the fight after Melvin Guillard delivered 35 strikes in comparison to only seven landed by his opponent.
After Melvin Guillard gave a scintillating performance which enabled him to defeat his opponent, the 27-year-old mixed martial arts fighter campaigned for an opportunity to fight at a lightweight championship. Considering his stellar performance against Evan Dunham, experts feel that it would not be that surprising if UFC president Dana White as well as matchmaker Joe Silva consider him for the championship fight.
- Melvin Guillard Wins Against Ronys Torres - Feb 07, 2010
- Forrest Griffin Thrashes Rich Franklin In UFC 126 - Feb 06, 2011
- Anderson Silva Beats Vitor Belfort In Round 1 - Feb 06, 2011
- Takanori Gomi Clinches Victory Against Tyson Griffin - Aug 02, 2010
- UFC 126 Fight Card Results Announced - Feb 06, 2011
- Anderson Silva Defends UFC Middleweight Title By Vanquishing Vitor Belfort - Feb 07, 2011
- Frank Shamrock Says Goodbye To Fighting - Jun 27, 2010
- UFC 107 Turns Out To Be A Grand Success - Dec 13, 2009
- UFC 118 Weigh-In Soars Up Excitement For Main Event - Aug 28, 2010
- Antonio Silva Registers Victory Against Andrei Arlovski By Unanimous Decision - May 16, 2010
- Melvin Guillard Wins Against Waylon Lowe - May 30, 2010
- Dan Henderson Defeats Michael Bisping In UFC 100 - Jul 12, 2009
- Pat Barry Wins Last Night's UFC Fight Night 23 "Fight For The Troops 2" Title - Jan 23, 2011
- Frank Mir Registers A Stunning Victory Against Cheick Kongo At UFC 107 - Dec 13, 2009
- UFC 114 Fighters Receive Bonus - May 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,