McCullum in doubt for second ODI against IndiaMarch 5th, 2009 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Mar 5 (ANI): New Zealand vice captain Brendon McCullum is in doubt for the second one dayer against India, starting on Friday.
The Black Caps wicketkeeper and key batsman has injured his right thumb during the series opener in Napier on Tuesday night.
McCullum badly bruised right thumb when he gloved a ball from medium pacer Grant Elliott at McLean Park.
He had previously broken the thumb.
McCullum will bat in the nets today, but will not keep wickets. Northern Districts wicketkeeper Pater McGlashan will replace him behind the stumps.
Skipper Daniel Vettori is hopeful that McCullum would be able to play solely as a batsman. (ANI)
- Black Caps pick uncapped Woodcock in World Cup squad - Jan 19, 2011
- New Zealand include seven rookies among World Cup probables - Dec 22, 2010
- Dhoni wins toss again, India to bat in second ODI - Mar 06, 2009
- McCullum not to keep wickets in Wellington One-dayer - Mar 05, 2009
- Black Caps wicketkeeper McGlashan eyeing 2011 World Cup spot - Dec 28, 2010
- Ryder-Oram plot South Africa's downfall, take New Zealand into semis (Roundup) - Mar 26, 2011
- New Zealand include McCullum brothers in Twenty20 squad - Feb 12, 2009
- Black Caps name Twenty20 squad - Feb 12, 2009
- Injured McCullum ruled out of first two T20s against Pakistan - Dec 25, 2010
- Taylor named New Zealand captain for Sri Lanka tri-series - Jun 27, 2010
- Ryder named in New Zealand's preliminary squad for T20 World Cup - Mar 06, 2010
- Parore prefers McCullum to Taylor as new Black Caps skipper post Vettori - Jan 22, 2011
- McCullum raring to open again with Ryder in Tests - Sep 29, 2010
- McCullum could bid adieu to wicket keeping gloves - Mar 23, 2010
- McCullum's participation against Pakistan in doubt due to injury - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: batsman, black caps, brendon mccullum, daniel vettori, dayer, doubt, mcglashan, mclean park, medium pacer, napier, new zealand, odi, pater, skipper, stumps, thumb, tuesday night, vice captain, wellington, wickets