McConaughey to bury newborn sons placenta in Aboriginal wayAugust 11th, 2008 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Aug 11 (ANI): American actor Matthew McConaughey has revealed that he has kept his newborn sons placenta, so that he can bury it at the base of a tree in an Aboriginal way.
He revealed that he became familiar with this unique Aboriginal ritual when he visited Australia.
“When I was in Australia, they had a placenta tree that was on the river … and all the placentas of all that tribe, all that clan, whatever Aboriginal tribe that was, all the placentas went under that one tree and it was this huge behemoth of just health and strength,” News.com.au quoted him as saying, during an interview for CNN’’s program House Call.
“This tree was just growing taller and stronger above the rest of Mother Nature around it. It was gorgeous,” he said.
McConaughey, whose girlfriend Camilla Alves gave birth to his son Levi Alves McConaughey on July 7, revealed that he had kept the placenta in the hope that it would fertilize the land.
“That’’s fertile ground, so to speak. So we”re gonna plant. It’’s going to be in the orchards and it’’s going to bear some wonderful fruit,” he said. (ANI)
- Matthew McConaughey wants to plant his son's placenta - Aug 09, 2008
- Fatherhood improved my acting skills: McConaughey - Mar 15, 2012
- McConaughey took home 'Magic Mike' costumes - Jul 10, 2012
- McConaughey, girlfriend conceived daughter after last year's ACM awards - Apr 20, 2010
- Matthew Mcconaughey to again become dad - Jul 05, 2012
- Pregnant Camila experiences new things - Aug 17, 2012
- Tom Hanks gets $100 for 'babysitting' - Mar 19, 2011
- Mcconaughey voted Hollywood's sexiest dad - Jun 16, 2012
- McConaughey said no to 'bachelor party' - Jul 09, 2012
- Matthew McConaughey is strict father - Mar 22, 2011
- Mcconaughey to wed this weekend? - Jun 10, 2012
- Matthew MccConaughey received dream car on 40th birthday - Mar 08, 2010
- McConaughey's kids excited about new baby - Jul 26, 2012
- Camila Alves Gives Birth To Baby Girl - Jan 04, 2010
- Wearing thong was daunting task for McConaughey - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: aboriginal tribe, actor matthew mcconaughey, american actor, australia, behemoth, camilla alves, cnn, fertile ground, girlfriend, health and strength, matthew mcconaughey, melbourne, mother nature, newborn sons, news com au, orchards, placentas, son levi