McCain still trails Obama 44 percent to 48, despite recouping some lossesSeptember 6th, 2008 - 4:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 6 (ANI): The Republican National convention may have helped presidential nominee Senator MCCain to recoup some of his losses in public support, according to Gallup polls.
Its latest tracking poll of the presidential race shows Democratic nominee Barack Obama still leading, 48 percent to McCains 44 percent.
That compares with Obamas 49 percent-42 percent lead on Friday and or 8 points lead he held over the past week.
The latest numbers, based on Tuesday-through-Thursday telephone interviews of 2,779 registered voters, don”t fully reflect any changes in opinion since Wednesday night’’s convention address from GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, or last night’’s address by McCain.
Gallup says the new numbers have margins of error of +/- 2 percentage points.
Two weeks ago, before the two parties” back-to-back conventions, the tracking poll showed Obama and McCain in a 45 percent - 45 percent tie. (ANI)
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Obama slightly ahead of Romney in poll of polls - Jul 06, 2012
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- McCain takes lead over Obama in Gallup poll - Sep 08, 2008
- Obama bit behind Romney, but way ahead of Palin in 2012 prez run: Poll - Nov 23, 2010
- Obama faces uphill climb, swing states poll indicate - Nov 05, 2011
- Obama, Romney locked in close race: polls - Aug 25, 2012
- Independents flocking to McCain - Sep 09, 2008
- Palin's 2012 presidential dreams take 'severe hit' following damaging poll - Feb 11, 2010
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012