Mayweather spends night in jail for assaulting security guardDecember 18th, 2010 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 18 (ANI): Floyd Mayweather Jr. spent a night in a Las Vegas jail before his release on a misdemeanor battery warrant stemming from an allegation that the boxer poked a security guard in the face last month outside his home in Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas police confirmed that Mayweather was freed 12 hours after being arrested at a Nevada casino and the 33-year old’s lawyer confirmed that the former boxer will return to court on Tuesday.
He was charged with misdemeanor battery from a November 15 incident with a security guard near his Las Vegas home, the Daily News reports.
Mayweather’s latest troubles come from allegations that he poked a security guard in the face after he confronted him about a parking violation in his gated community.
According to the criminal complaint obtained by TMZ.com, Shayne Smith told police that Mayweather began shouting at him outside his Las Vegas home when Smith placed parking violations on two of his cars.
The incident reportedly escalated when Mayweather grabbed a citation from one of his cars and put it on Smith’s patrol car. He then allegedly jabbed the 21-year-old in the face.
“While lambasting Smith, Mayweather was allegedly jabbing his finger into the left side of Smith’s cheek just below his eye,” the documents allege.
If convicted, Mayweather faces six months in jail. (ANI)
- Judge sets February trial date for boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Dec 09, 2010
- Arrest warrant reissued for boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - Dec 17, 2010
- Boxer Mayweather filmed verbally abusing security guard at Vegas home - Dec 28, 2010
- Josie Harris's Former Boyfriend Floyd Mayweather Arrested For Domestic Violence And Theft - Sep 11, 2010
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Facing Serious Charges - Nov 14, 2010
- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil charged with misdemeanor offenses in Las Vegas - Apr 06, 2011
- Floyd Mayweather Jr Being Sought by Police in Domestic Violence Incident - Sep 10, 2010
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. arrested for domestic violence - Sep 10, 2010
- Bieber escorts Mayweather to boxing ring - May 08, 2012
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. suspect in domestic violence case - Sep 10, 2010
- WBA champ Amir Khan eyeing undefeated legend Mayweather's mantle - Dec 15, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Takes Legal Action Against Floyd Mayweather Over Drugs Controversy - Jan 01, 2010
- Roger accused of assaulting St. Vil - Aug 05, 2009
- 50 Cent hospitalised - May 18, 2012
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: allegation, allegations, boxer, cheek, citation, criminal complaint, floyd mayweather jr, gated community, las vegas, misdemeanor battery, nevada casino, new york dec, news reports, november 15, parking violation, parking violations, patrol car, security guard, six months, warrant