Maya Moore handed Jordan brand deal by NikeMay 19th, 2011 - 7:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Maya Moore has been handed a deal which was previously only given to men. Maya has been given a deal to the Jordan brand by apparel giant Nike.
On Wednesday, Nike announced the new deal but failed to give details on the financial terms involved. Maya is glad that she got the deal. In a statement released by Nike shortly after the announcement, Maya said signing the deal was a “dream come true” for her.
Nike’s Jordan Brand was created in the 1980s. The brand capitalized on the fame of NBA legend Michael Jordan. The brand includes several apparels including the Air Jordan shoes. Maya is particularly ecstatic that she has been linked with Jordan.
In the statement, Maya said that, “Like most kids, I grew up idolizing Michael Jordan and continue to work relentlessly to reach his iconic status on the court. I’m truly motivated to take my career to the next level as a member of Team Jordan.”
Maya is one of the talented female basketball players in the United States. She won three state titles with Collins Hill. She has been named national college player of the year on two occasions and holds a record of 90-game winning streak.
- Michael Jordan sues Chinese firm - Feb 23, 2012
- Marcus Jordan Creates Uproar Even Before Playing The Game - Oct 22, 2009
- NBA 2K12 to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii & PC - Oct 05, 2011
- Warren Sapp auditioning his collection of Air Jordans? - Aug 06, 2012
- NBA bans performance enhancing shoes - Oct 20, 2010
- Cool Grey 11 Retro Shoe Launch Witnesses Mad Rush By Buyers - Dec 24, 2010
- Concept 1 Shoes Now Banned By NBA - Oct 20, 2010
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Maya Moore Becomes Player Of The Year, Joins All-American Team - Apr 05, 2010
- NBA Star LeBron James Unveils Nike Air Max LeBron VII - Aug 08, 2009
- US basketball professionals train Myanmar players - Aug 28, 2012
- NBA's Asian star Lin seeks trademark on 'Linsanity' - Feb 24, 2012
- NBA Bans APL's Performance Enhancing Shoes - Oct 20, 2010
- NBA sensation Jeremy Lin becomes Volvo's brand ambassador - Mar 20, 2012
- NBA 2k11 Game Will Have Michael Jordan As A Virtual Persona - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: 1980s, air jordan shoes, fame, female basketball players, game winning streak, giant, jordan brand, maya, michael jordan, nba legend, new deal, next level, nike, state titles, team jordan, two occasions