Max Biaggi hints at retirementAugust 23rd, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Legendary motorbike racer Max Biaggi hinted Thursday he may retire at the end of the season.
While in Moscow ahead of the inaugural Superbike World championship round at the newly-built Moscow Raceway, the 41-year-old suggested he would not be back for another staging of the event.
“This is a starting point, there can be many races here. Unfortunately I will not race longer,” he said.
Two-time Superbike Champion Biaggi leads this year’s standings by 10.5 points over Marco Melandri, and said he would give his all in Russia.
“I try to do my best. There is a championship to do. Close lead, so we will see what’s going to be at the end,” he said.
“So Russia’s very important ground for us, hopefully to have a great race.”
Biaggi won the 250cc world championship four years in a row from 1994 to 1997 and finished second twice in the old 500cc Grand Prix class, as well as second in the first season of MotoGP in 2002.
- Sykes wins first round of Superbike in Moscow - Aug 26, 2012
- Melandri wins in Russia to take Superbike Championship (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Moscow raceway targets MotoGP standard - Aug 23, 2012
- Mahindra Racing enters Italian Championship with Indian rider - Dec 01, 2011
- Moto GP rider Simoncelli dies after horrific crash at Sepang (Lead) - Oct 23, 2011
- Stoner wins fifth straight Australian GP - and world title - Oct 17, 2011
- Australia's MotoGP legend Stoner to retire - May 18, 2012
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- Mahindra Racing join hands with Swiss firm - Aug 24, 2012
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- Casey Stoner takes pole at Australian Moto GP - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Moscow Raceway is suitable for Formula 1' - Jul 04, 2012
- Indian GP champions dedicate victory to Wheldon, Simoncelli - Oct 30, 2011
- Moscow Raceway lacks zing: Petrov - Jul 15, 2012