Mauricio Shogun Rua Kicks His Way Into Heavyweight TitleMay 9th, 2010 - 6:49 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Carson, California, May 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The light heavyweight title at the Ultimate Fighting Championship that was held on Saturday, May 8, was taken away by Mauricio Shogun Rua. He won the title from his opponent Lyoto Machida. However, thankfully for Mauricio Shogun Rua, this time the victory did not come with any additional controversy, unlike last time, and it was pretty certain that he was, in fact, the winner of the title. In fact, it seemed that he got a bit carried sway in his desire to ensure that he is declared the undisputed winner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title, and he kept on punching blows on blows on his opponent, and it is hard to say for how long it would have continued had not the referee declared an end to the fight.
However, it seemed pretty certain, right from the beginning, that Mauricio Shogun Rua would be the winner of the heavyweight title at the Ultimate Fighting Championship, what with all the force that he pounced on his opponent with. In fact, it might have turned into a pretty bloody affair if the referee had not put an end to the match.
It seemed, during the fight, that Mauricio Shogun Rua’s strong point seemed to be his kicks, which he delivered real strong and hard on his opponent. In the final lap of the fight, in fact, it was a kick that helped him to take down Lyoto Machida, ending the fight as the two went down on the floor, with Mauricio Shogun Rua punching on the face of his opponent hard, punches which landed Lyoto Machida with a closed eye.
- Lyoto Machida Defeats Shotgun Rua To Ensure His Eighth Consecutive Victory - Oct 25, 2009
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Defeats Lyoto Machida Via Split Decision - Nov 21, 2010
- Machinda vs Shogun fight in UFC 104 to have a rematch - Oct 26, 2009
- Forrest Griffin Thrashes Rich Franklin In UFC 126 - Feb 06, 2011
- Jon Jones Defeats Ryan Bader At UFC 126 - Feb 06, 2011
- Alistair Overeem Makes It To The Heavyweight Title - May 16, 2010
- UFC 126 Fight Card Results Announced - Feb 06, 2011
- Anderson Silva Beats Vitor Belfort In Round 1 - Feb 06, 2011
- Juan Manuel Marquez Knocks Out Michael Katsidis, Retains His Title - Nov 28, 2010
- WWE Raw: After the Royal Rumble - Feb 01, 2011
- Nonito Donaire Thrashes Wladimir Sidorenko On World Boxing Association Bantamweight - Dec 05, 2010
- Keith Jardine Defeated By Matt Hamill - Jun 20, 2010
- Kermit Cintron Hits His Head, And Loses The Match - May 09, 2010
- UFC 116 Results Announced - Jul 04, 2010
- Suranjoy, Sumit in second round of Asian Olympic qualifying event - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: carson california, closed eye, controversy, desire, dey, final lap, last time, light heavyweight title, madhuri, match, mauricio shogun rua, opponent, punches, referee, right from the beginning, strong point, sway, ultimate fighting championship, victory