Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To VictoryOctober 29th, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was a great day for the San Francisco Giants yesterday as the team paved its way to victory against the Texas Rangers for the second time in the World Series. The two players who spearheaded their team en-route to their win are Edgar Renteria and Matt Cain.
Matt Cain directly pitched several fastball, curveball, slider, change-up, until the manager took the base ball away from him. He threw 7 2/3 shutout innings, giving up nine hits and six runs in just four innings. Seven times he pitched seven innings, giving up no runs. In two occasions, he gave up just two runs. He was the person, who dominated the game till the 7 2/3 innings. However, at that time, the Texas Rangers still had hopes, as they trailed by 2-0. But soon after, in the eighth innings, the Giants made their way to seven more runs to give the team a victory with 9-0 score and 2-0 lead in the World Series. Matt Cain’s score so far is 3 at-Bats, 1 hit, 1 strike out, with an average of .333. The other team member, who contributed to the victory of the team is Edgar Renteria. He entered in the fifth innings, and gave the team a final victory. Edgar Renteria’s total score is 4 At- Bats, 2 Holds, 3 runs batted in, 1 Strike out, with an average of .429. The score with which The San Fransisco is leading after Game 2 of World series is 32 At-Bats, 9 Runs, 8 Hits, 9 Bat Ins, 6 BB and 9 Strike Offs.
Matt Cain Has been a hopeful player for the giants in this season, as he gave seven shutout innings against the Philadelphia Phillies in the National League Championship Series. threw 6 2/3 innings against Atlanta in the NLDS before that, without allowing an earned run. His strategy “Execute your pitches,” seems to work really good for him.
- Edgar Renteria Attributes To Giants Game 2 Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- San Francisco Giants Win First World Series In Fifty Years - Nov 02, 2010
- San Francisco Giants beat the Rangers to win the World Series - Nov 02, 2010
- Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCS - Oct 25, 2010
- MVP Edgar Renteria Calls 7th Inning Home Run, Giants Win! - Nov 02, 2010
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
- San Francisco Giants Beats Texas Rangers, Takes 2-0 Lead In World Series - Oct 29, 2010
- Edgar Renteria gives a MVP performance - Nov 03, 2010
- England win third ODI to take unbeatable 2-0 lead - Sep 10, 2011
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- Dhoni happy with team's showing against New Zealand - Sep 03, 2012
- World Series Schedule Has Been Finalized - Oct 25, 2010
- Sharma blitzkrieg halts Knight Riders' winning streak (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Dravid rises in rankings, England on course for top spot - Aug 02, 2011
- Samuels puts West Indies on course for victory - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: bats, edgar renteria, eighth innings, fastball, final victory, league championship series, matt cain, meena, national league championship series, nlds, philadelphia phillies, pitches, san francisco giants, san fransisco, seven times, shutout innings, slider, texas rangers, time in the world, two occasions