Marsh stars as Scorchers thrash RenegadesDecember 22nd, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Dec 22 (IANS) Australian Opener Shaun Marsh announced his return to fitness for the Boxing Day Test against India with an unbeaten 99 off 52 balls for Perth Scorchers against Melbourne Renagades in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Thursday.
Melbourne set Scorchers a stiff target scoring 188 for three. The top-order batsmen scored freely with captain Andrew McDonald top-scoring with 50 off 33 balls.
Marsh and his opening partner Herschelle Gibbs (57 off 36 balls) set the stadium alight with their 95-run partnership and put Scorchers on road to victory. After the South-African’s dismissal, Marsh kept up the scoring rate, smashing five sixes and nine fours to take Scorchers across the line by eight wickets.
Melbourne Renegades 188/3 in 20 overs (Aaron Finch 49, Andrew McDonald 50; Michael Beer 2-28) vs. Perth Scorchers 192/2 in 19.2 overs (Herschelle Gibbs 57, Shaun Marsh 99 not out; Shane Harwood 1-31). Match Result: Perth Scorchers won by 8 wickets (with 4 balls remaining).
- Australia drop Starc, Christian from 11 for Boxing Day Test - Dec 24, 2011
- Kings XI clinch a thriller against Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Scorchers score a 10-run win over Heat in Big Bash League - Dec 29, 2011
- Kings XI blown away by Gayle's knock - Apr 21, 2012
- Big Bash: Renegades beat Thunder for first win - Dec 30, 2011
- World T20: Australia axe Pattinson from preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Royal Challengers elect to field against Punjab - Apr 20, 2012
- Oz young brigade unfit for challenges of big stage cricket: Roebuck - Dec 09, 2010
- Scoreboard: Royal Challengers vs Kings XI, IPL - May 03, 2012
- Players going under the IPL hammer - Jan 07, 2011
- Veteran Hogg recalled to Australia's Twenty20 squad - Jan 23, 2012
- Bushrangers thrash Daredevils in Champions League(Lead) - Oct 10, 2009
- Big Bash: Hurricanes' convincing 31-run victory - Dec 18, 2011
- Proteas' run chase against India their highest in World Cup - Mar 13, 2011
- Sans Zaheer, India's bowling attack will be in trouble: Clarke - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: 192, andrew mcdonald, balls, boxing day, boxing day test, eight wickets, finch, gibbs, harwood, marsh, match, melbourne, michael beer, partnership, perth, renagades, road to victory, shane, sixes, target