Mark Waugh says teams have worked out “one-dimensional” JohnsonNovember 30th, 2010 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Nov 30(ANI): Former Australian batsman Mark Waugh is among the pundits concerned by fast bowler Mitchell Johnson’s performance after he went wicketless, for the first time in his 39 Tests, in the Ashes opener in Brisbane.
Johnson now has the dubious honour of having not taken a wicket in over 400 Test deliveries and collecting Test figures at the Gabba of 0-170 off 42 overs with an economy rate of 4.05.
“As far as the fast bowling is concerned, obviously you’ve got to look at Bollinger, and Harris if he’s fit - they’re both very good bowlers,” Fox Sports quoted Waugh, as saying.
“The problem with Mitchell Johnson is he’s too one-dimensional, and I think the opposition have worked him out,” he added.
However, Waugh was unsure when asked whether Australia’s selectors would change the team for Adelaide, despite the disappointing outcome of the first Test in Brisbane.
“I don’t think they’ll make many changes, given that it was a draw - we didn’t lose the game. There’s a bit of a question mark on him, but I think the selectors will probably leave it the same given it was a draw in the first Test,” Waugh said.
“He’s got to do something special or otherwise he’s in grave danger of losing his spot for the third Test,” he added. (ANI)
- Johnson dropped from Australian XI for second Ashes Test? - Dec 01, 2010
- Oz flop-show at Gabba may force bowling changes for second Ashes Test: Nielsen - Nov 30, 2010
- Ponting confirms 'poor form' behind Johnson's axing for second Ashes Test - Dec 02, 2010
- Strauss questions Johnson's axing for second Ashes Test - Dec 02, 2010
- Selectors must dump 'confidence-ebbed' Johnson for Adelaide Test: Ian Chappell - Nov 30, 2010
- Johnson, Hilfenhaus under threat as Oz recall Bollinger, Harris for Adelaide Ashes Test - Nov 29, 2010
- Johnson missed Adelaide Test due to selection panel's rotation strategy: Chappell - Dec 14, 2010
- Waugh asks Australian selectors to maintain stability - Dec 08, 2010
- Walsh backs 're-energised' Johnson to fly in Perth Test - Dec 12, 2010
- Mitchell Johnson Replaced By Doug Bollinger - Dec 03, 2010
- Nielsen backs 'refitted' Johnson to be Oz Ashes saviour - Dec 10, 2010
- Bollinger and Siddle to fight for final pacer slot in Oz team for Ashes opener - Nov 04, 2010
- Pace bowler Harris gives selectors six screeching reasons to pick him for Adelaide - Dec 01, 2010
- Brett Lee asks dumped Johnson to trust his abilities - Dec 05, 2010
- Experts in favour of Khwaja and Harris in Oz Ashes squad - Oct 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,