Mark Spitz feels bad for Michael PhelpsFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 3 (ANI): Swimming legend Mark Spitz has expressed his distress over Michael Phelps cannabis scandal.
The former Olympian whose gold medal world record was smashed by Phelps said that he feels bad for the 23-year-old star.
“As strictly a fan, I feel badly for Michael and the situation he has put himself in,” Usmagazine.com quoted Spitz as saying.
“I think no one would wish this on anyone, especially the person that gave us a summer like no other in 2008.
“I hope this only leads to a better tomorrow for him and his family,” he added.
Phelps was snapped using a bong in a November house party in the University of South Carolina.
However, he has released a statement apologizing for his “regrettable” behaviour. (ANI)
- Phelps confirms retirement after London Olympics - Aug 03, 2012
- Michael Phelps apologises for drug pics - Feb 02, 2009
- Phelps guns for Thorpe, wants to reverse result of 2004 Athens Games - Feb 13, 2011
- Olympics: Phelps adds another feather - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Fans defend Phelps after marijuana scandal - Feb 07, 2009
- Phelps reveals future: Working with kids and swimming with sharks - Aug 06, 2012
- Michael Phelps wins the gold medal at the FINA Swimming World Championship - Jul 27, 2011
- Olympics: Michael Phelps bids farewell - Aug 05, 2012
- Michael Phelps suspended for 3 months for doping - Feb 06, 2009
- Phelps, Lochte showdown in 200m medley - Aug 02, 2012
- Phelps suspended from swimming, loses Kellogg contract - Feb 06, 2009
- Olympics: Phelps misses out on gold, but claims record - Aug 01, 2012
- Phelps to swim 400m medley at US trials - Jun 25, 2012
- Phelps becomes history's most medaled Olympian (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012