Maria Sharapova unveils 2011 Australian Open outfitJanuary 13th, 2011 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
London, Jan 13 (ANI): Tennis ace Maria Sharapova has unveiled her new outfit for the 2011 Australian Open which is a huge improvement compared to what she wore in Melbourne last year.
Last year, the Grand Slam winner signed an eight-year contract with Nike worth 43 million pounds, making her the world’s most lucratively endorsed sportswoman.
The grey and orange dress with racing back and adjustable straps is one of the outfits from her 2011 Nike collection and is unusually traditional for the tennis player who has a reputation for daring outfits, reports the Daily Mail.
Sharapova wore a strangely formal blue dress with a stripey green netting over the top in Australia last year.
Now, everyone is waiting until the Open starts to see what the tennis player is wearing under her grey and orange dress this time-and her choice of accessories.
At the 2010 Australian open she accessorised her green dress with 18 karat gold Tiffany and Co. earrings worth 1,000 pounds.
This year, she might just stick to her sparkling new diamond engagement ring, rumoured to be worth 250,000 pounds.
In October, the Russian got engaged to her boyfriend of one year, Serbian New Jersey Nets star Sasha Vujacic. (ANI)
- All eyes on Sharapova's sparkly rock as she launches tennis web TV show - Mar 22, 2011
- Reports on Istanbul wedding false: Sharapova - Aug 05, 2012
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- Sharapova admits breaking up with boyfriend - Sep 01, 2012
- Maria Sharapova's new haircut sparks internet frenzy - Apr 18, 2012
- Maria Sharapova and Sasha Vujajic Got Engaged! - Oct 23, 2010
- Russia's Sharapova named world's highest-paid female athlete - Aug 20, 2010
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Sharapova bags 70-mn dollar eight-year Nike deal - Jan 12, 2010
- Venus Williams' short top at Australian Open turns heads again - Jan 19, 2011
- Sharapova proud of her Russian origin - May 30, 2012
- "Svelte and pretty" take over groundstrokes in women's tennis - Jan 24, 2010
- Maria Sharapova set to tie the knot - Oct 22, 2010
- Maria Sharapova's engagement ring costs $250K - Oct 26, 2010
- Putin congratulates Sharapova on French Open victory - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: 18 karat gold, adjustable straps, australian open, blue dress, daily mail, diamond engagement ring, earrings, grand slam winner, green dress, london jan, maria sharapova, melbourne, new jersey nets, nike, nike collection, reputation, sasha, tennis ace, tennis player, tiffany and co