Maria Sharapova dumps skirts for shorts this WimbledonJune 23rd, 2008 - 3:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 23 (ANI): Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is ready to set a new style statement at this years Wimbledon.
The 21-year-old tennis sensation will give up her frills for shorts at this years Grand Slam.
Believe it or not, Im going to be wearing mens shorts, the Daily Express quoted her as saying
Im going to be debuting a new look. Call it menswear. It is kind of a tuxedo look, very simple lines, classic, she added.
Sharapova has enjoyed a return to her best form this year after winning the Australian Open in January to claim her third Grand Slam title.
Wimbledon, the third Grand Slam tournament of the year, gets underway on today. (ANI)
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- Putin congratulates Sharapova on French Open victory - Jun 10, 2012
- Maria Sharapova's new haircut sparks internet frenzy - Apr 18, 2012
- China's tennis team faces uphill task at London Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Sharapova wins French Open, completes career Grand Slam (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sharapova to cut her hair only on retiring - Jun 09, 2012
- Sharapova enthusiastic about dream Olympic debut - Jul 23, 2012
- Kvitova overpowers Sharapova to win 2001 Wimbledon title - Jul 02, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Sharapova saunters past Peer - Jul 30, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sharapova knocked out; Williams survives scare (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Tennis players criticised for their outrageous dressing sense on court - Sep 01, 2010
- US Open: Federer, Murray drawn to meet in semis - Aug 24, 2012
- Sharapova admits breaking up with boyfriend - Sep 01, 2012
- Sharapova proud of her Russian origin - May 30, 2012
- Win at French Open shows ny determination: Sharapova - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: australian open, daily express, grand slam title, grand slam tournament, june 23, london, maria sharapova, menswear, new style, style statement, tennis sensation, tennis superstar, tuxedo, wimbledon