Marc Bulger announces his retirementAugust 3rd, 2011 - 9:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Baltimore Ravens’ quarterback Marc Bulger has announced his retirement from the NFL at the age of 34 years. Bulger announced his retirement during an interview with ESPN.com on Wednesday. He thanked all those who helped him during his career when he gave the interview.
Bulger is not retiring at the time that he is out of favor with NFL teams. This year several teams have expressed interest in the player but he believes it is the best time to retire from the sport.
In his interview with ESPN.com, Bulger said that, “I am grateful to all my former teammates, coaches and my family…Moving forward, I’m excited to continue doing work through my foundation to help the men and women in uniform who risk their lives every day so we can enjoy the game of football.”
In expressing his appreciation, Bulger stated that he has special place in his heart for former Rams coach Mike Martz for the help and support he gave him in his career.
Bulger’s retirement come just weeks after two other notable NFL players Randy Moss and Kerry Collins said goodbye to the sport. Bulger is retiring with a record of throwing 22,814 yards with 122 touchdowns and 93 interceptions.
- Joe Flacco Vs. Matt Cassel: The Showdown Eagerly Awaited - Jan 09, 2011
- Ravens Player Paul Kruger Ensures His Team's Victory Against The Steelers - Nov 30, 2009
- Terrell Suggs Lists Tom Brady And Peyton Manning As NFL Favorites - Dec 06, 2010
- Donovan McNabb to sit out in the Redskins vs. New York Jets game, so is Mark Sanchez going to hog the limelight - Aug 27, 2010
- Eli Manning Vs. Joe Flacco: Saturday's Preseason Action - Aug 28, 2010
- Packers Vs. Ravens: Green Bay Packers Wins - Dec 08, 2009
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
- Its Baltimore Ravens vs Jacksonville Jaguars today - Oct 24, 2011
- Kyle Boller tries his best in the Packers vs. Rams game - Sep 28, 2009
- Torrey Smith catches touchdown passes in his debut game - Sep 28, 2011
- Washington Redskins Release Quarterback Colt Brennan - Aug 03, 2010
- Baltimore Ravens Acquire Wide Receiver Anquan Boldin - Mar 06, 2010
- "No Disrespect For Ed Reed," Hines Ward Says - Jan 16, 2011
- 49ers Jerry Rice's Jersey Number 80 retired - Sep 22, 2010
- ESPN Analyst Jeremy Green Arrested For Child Pornography - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: baltimore ravens, best time, coach mike, espn, game of football, heart, kerry collins, marc bulger, men and women, mike martz, nfl players, nfl teams, randy moss, ravens, retirement, teammates, teams have expressed interest, women in uniform