Marathon kid Budhia spends hours in hospital after injuryFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 5:00 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, Feb 22 (IANS) Six-year-old marathoner Budhia Singh spent more than 12 hours in a hospital after sustaining a minor head injury while playing a cricket match with friends at a sports hostel complex here, officials said Friday. Budhia shot into limelight in 2006 after creating a world record by running 65 km in seven hours and two minutes.
Rajesh Singh, the sports hostel in-charge, said Budhia was injured Thursday when he accidentally fell down while running between wickets.
“He was playing cricket along with his friends soon after lunch. He accidentally fell down while taking a run after hitting the ball. We took him to the hospital after he vomited twice,” Singh told IANS.
“Budhia sustained a minor injury on his forehead near his right eye. Although the injury was minor, we kept him in the hospital for over 12 hours for observation,” said C.R. Das, surgical specialist of the hospital where Budhia was treated.
“He seems to be perfectly all right now and will be allowed to go after a routine CT scan,” Das added.
The state government placed Budhia in the sports hostel last year after differences between his mother and former coach Biranchi Das.
- Two convicted for murdering judo coach (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Trial opens in murder of marathon kid's coach - Sep 01, 2009
- Two convicted in Orissa for judo coach's murder - Dec 13, 2010
- Badal injured in fall, gets two stitches (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Girl student dies; father alleges ragging - Sep 10, 2011
- Spurned, man shoots himself in Jaipur girls' hostel - May 15, 2012
- Punjab chief minister injured after fall in bathroom - Oct 07, 2010
- RTI activist attacked in Maharashtra - Apr 18, 2011
- Dwayne Bravo injured in car accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Azharuddin's son still critical - Sep 12, 2011
- Metro guard tries to save kid, falls on track - Jan 28, 2012
- Marathon kid's former coach shot dead - Apr 14, 2008
- Former coach of marathon wonder kid shot dead - Apr 13, 2008
- Six-year-old drowns in open manhole - Aug 11, 2010
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: budhia, cricket match, ct scan, forehead, former coach, limelight, lunch, marathon, marathoner, minor head injury, observation, seven hours, Sports, state government, surgical specialist, two minutes, wickets, world record