Maradona says he wishes to see Olympic soccer finalsAugust 14th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Aug 14 (Xinhua) Soccer legend Diego Maradona says he wants to go to Beijing to watch the finals of the men’s soccer and basketball, in case Argentine teams in both sports advance in the Olympic competition. “Argentina has few possibilities of medals” in other sports, Maradona said Wednesday in San Juan, some 1,000 km from here, where he is scheduled to play a showball match with Chile.
Maradona said he is feeling “great” after he passed “very hard moments” for his addiction to drugs and alcohol.
“I had very hard moments, but now I wake up every morning lucid and am willing to call my daughters. I’m great,” he said.
- Maradona wants to go to Beijing to watch finals of soccer, basketball - Aug 14, 2008
- Maradona's son to play in Argentine fourth division - Aug 17, 2012
- Maradona brands Riquelme traitor - Jul 19, 2012
- Maradona's mother is dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Boca Juniors hint at signing Maradona as coach - Jul 16, 2012
- Maradona calls Pele 'idiot' for comments on Messi - Jun 10, 2012
- A little Argentina in Kolkata - Aug 30, 2011
- Argentinian stars have a long affair with Kolkata - Sep 01, 2011
- History collides for Argentina (Group B team profile) - May 27, 2010
- Ben Johnson in Goa with Indian origin footballers - Jul 29, 2011
- Messi named ambassador of his native town Rosario - Dec 31, 2011
- Argentina holds down Messi: Maradona still better - Mar 24, 2010
- Maradona in Italy tax row - Feb 16, 2012
- Brazil fans turning Argentines courtesy Messi-magic - Sep 02, 2011
- It is a dream come true to coach Argentina: Sabella - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: addiction, argentina, basketball, beijing, buenos aires, chile, diego maradona, drugs and alcohol, match, medals, olympic competition, olympic soccer finals, other sports, possibilities, san juan, soccer legend, xinhua