Mansher Singh finishes 9th in shooting World CupJune 17th, 2008 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Indian shooter Mansher Singh narrowly missed a berth in the trap finals of the Shooting World Cup at Belgrade. Mansher shot a score of 119 in the qualification round to tie for the 6th spot along with four others Monday.
However, in the shoot off to decide the sixth spot for the finals, Mansher could manage only one hit and eventually settled for the 9th position in a strong field of 102 shooters.
Manavjit Sandhu finished 20th with a score of 117 while Anwer Sultan shot 117 to finish 24th.
The gold in this event was won by Stephane Clamens of France with a score of 144.
In the women’s category, Seema Tomar finished 30th with a score of 59, Shagun Chowdhary shot 54 to finish 37th while the third Indian in the event new comer Shreyasi Singh fired 52 to settle for 40th place.
The gold in the women’s event was won by Giulia Iannotti of Italy with a score of 91.
- Junior world champion Noria replaces Rathore in CWG shooting squad - Sep 01, 2010
- Manavjit traps silver, gold at Asian Clay Shooting - Mar 31, 2010
- Manavjit Sandhu, Imran Hassan qualify for London Olympics - Jan 22, 2012
- CWG shooting: Indians continue to dominate at Karni Singh Range (Night Intro) - Oct 08, 2010
- Manavjit traps gold in Asian shooting, India bag silver - Oct 02, 2009
- Olympic shooting: India's trap shooter Shagun out - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Sandhu 25th in trap, may miss final cut - Aug 05, 2012
- CWG shooting: India win gold, silver and bronze (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2010
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Indian shooters aim to cross Melbourne medal tally - Sep 12, 2010
- CWG shooting: Manavjit, Mansher trap silver - Oct 08, 2010
- Mixed fortunes as rower Bajrang Lal claims Asiad gold (Evening Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- No place for Rathore; Joydeep, Heena selected for London Olympics - Feb 19, 2012
- Asian Shooting: Vijay Kumar wins gold in standard pistol - Jan 20, 2012
- Asian Shooting: Heena misses Olympic berth by fraction of a point - Jan 16, 2012