Manny Ramirez And Johnny Damon Hired By Tampa Bay RaysJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former teammates Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon will once again be sharing the field together for the same team, thanks to the Tampa Bay Rays who by hiring both of them has re-united the old teammates. On Friday Tampa Bay Rays officials announced that the team has roped in Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon for their new season. The two veterans have been hired by the team for a one year contract.
Although, the term period of the contract for both them remains the same, the moolah certainly has pointed out the differences! According to sources, while the Tampa Bay Rays have roped in Manny Ramirez for $2 million, they have readily agreed to give Johnny Damon a startling price of $5.25 million as the base salary! Both the players have earlier played for the Boston Red Sox together. Baseball experts claim that the recent deal is likely to improve the conditions of the team who has been bereft of many crucial players including Carl Crawford, Rafael Soriano, Carlos Pena, Matt Garza, Jason Bartlett, all of whom left the team during the winter trade in.
The Tampa Bay Rays last year had successfully won the American League East with so many high profile players by their side. This time, however, the team is looking forward to give a tough competition to the contenders with these two players in their team. However, both Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon in terms of their offensive production has been seen to come down in the recent years. However, the Tampa Bay Rays seem to be quite confident about their decision to take the two instead of worrying much about the offensive side.
- Tampa Bay Rays Sign In Dirk Hayhurst And Four Others - Jan 22, 2011
- Adam Dunn Signs A $56 Million Deal With Chicago White Sox - Dec 03, 2010
- 2011 ALDS to kick off on Friday - Sep 30, 2011
- New York Yankees Acquire Outfielder Austin Kearns - Jul 31, 2010
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Randy Winn Accepts Yankees $2million Offer For One Year - Jan 28, 2010
- Evan Longoria's AK 47 stolen during a robbery - Mar 30, 2011
- Michael Clayton Reunited With Eli Manning - Nov 27, 2010
- Derek Jeter Fakes Being Hit By Pitch In Video - Sep 17, 2010
- Los Angeles Dodgers Acquire Scott Podsednik - Jul 29, 2010
- Dallas Braden Makes History With A Prefect Game - May 10, 2010
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Lives Up To The Expectations Of His Fans - Nov 14, 2010
- Baseball's Red Sox duo Ortiz and Ramirez tested for doping - Jul 31, 2009
- Mark Buehrle: The Perfect Game - Jul 24, 2009
Tags: base salary, baseball, boston red sox, carl crawford, carlos pena, contenders, dey, jason bartlett, johnny damon, manny ramirez, matt garza, moolah, offensive production, offensive side, rafael soriano, tampa bay rays, team thanks, teammates, term period