Manny Pacquiao Takes Legal Action Against Floyd Mayweather Over Drugs ControversyJanuary 1st, 2010 - 7:15 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan.01, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao has filed a lawsuit in Las Vegas court against Floyd Mayweather over allegations that the Filipino boxer was taking drugs to enhance his performance. Apart from Floyd Mayweather Jr., the other people that have been named in the lawsuit include his father Floyd Mayweather Sr., his uncle, Roger and the boxer’s promoters Golden Boy Promotions.
The law suit comes following the demand by Floyd Mayweather and his camp that the 31 year old Filipino fighter undergo blood tests for drugs before the two boxers indulge in a bout which was scheduled to take place on March 13. Meanwhile, Manny Pacquiao’s attorney Daniel Petrocelli has emphasized that the allegations that are being made about the Filipino boxer are false and baseless. Moreover, his lawyer has also added that his client has achieved success by sheer hard work and not due to steroids.
Meanwhile, the lawsuit also blames Golden Boy founder Oscar de la Hoya as well as the chief executive Richard Schaefer. It has been alleged that Floyd Mayweather and his camp have made the malicious statements due to ‘ill-will, revenge and envy’. However, the WBO welterweight champion’s promoter Bob Arum has implied that negotiations are still going on for the much anticipated bout which would have been the richest fight in the history of boxing.
Although the Filipino boxer had agreed to undergo the test, he had expressed his disapproval for the random tests conducted by the US Anti-Doping Agency. However, the Floyd Mayweather camp stressed that the tests be conducted by the agency, which brought the talks to a dead end.
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- Filipino boxer Pacquiao hails WBO decision - Jun 21, 2012
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out Against Manny Pacquiao In Profanity Laced Rant - Sep 04, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao sues Floyd Mayweather over 'drugs controversy' - Jan 01, 2010
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao bout could generate half a billion dollars - Jan 27, 2012
- Manny Pacquiao takes Cotto's WBO welterweight title - Nov 16, 2009
- Brit Muslim boxer to take on Mayweather, Pacquiao in a year's time - May 04, 2010
- Pacquiao loses WBO title on split decision - Jun 10, 2012
- WBA champ Amir Khan eyeing undefeated legend Mayweather's mantle - Dec 15, 2010
- Arrest warrant reissued for boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - Dec 17, 2010
- Amir Khan inks new contract with Golden Boy Promotions - Apr 20, 2011
- Boxer Mayweather biggest grosser, Woods third on list - Jun 19, 2012
- Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeat - Jun 10, 2012
- Josie Harris's Former Boyfriend Floyd Mayweather Arrested For Domestic Violence And Theft - Sep 11, 2010
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: attorney daniel petrocelli, blood tests, disapproval, filipino boxer manny pacquiao, floyd mayweather jr, floyd mayweather sr, gina gomez, golden boy promotions, history of boxing, ill will, law suit, malicious statements, oscar de la hoya, promoter bob arum, promoters, random tests, richard schaefer, taking drugs, us anti doping agency, wbo