Manny Pacquiao Lives Up To The Expectations Of His FansNovember 14th, 2010 - 8:46 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Arlington, Nov 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is a big reason for celebration for those people who had been supporting Manny Pacquiao in the World Boxing Council (WBC) super welterweight title fight. There has been a lot of anticipation and a whole lot of anxiety regarding who would bag the title for this season. However, the results have been declared and Filipino Manny Pacquiao prevailed over Mexican Antonio Margarito.
However, the speculations, that expected Manny Pacquiao to knock his opponent in just six easy rounds turned out to be false. The rigorous fight prevailed for twelve stormy rounds with a good amount of strategic offensive and defensive moves from both the fighters. The anonymous victory for Manny Pacquiao was declared with a score of 120-108, 118-110, 119-109, from all the judges. There were strong anticipation that Antonio Margarito might make it this time, as he had an advantage of a great weight of 150 pounds, while Manny Pacquiao weighs 146 pounds and his fans had full confidence on the strength and spirit of the Mexican. On the other hand, the supporters of Manny Pacquiao knew that he would win as he was more experienced with a better track record. His coach was quite sure about his victory as he was under the impression that Antonio Margarito made strategic mistakes while punching and he punched too much at the wrong time. He trained Manny Pacquiao to take full advantage of that situation. However, on the D-day, the winner was taken aback by the strength of the struggling Mexican challenger. However, he defeated the challenger with his superior speed, which was always his strength.
Right now, Manny Pacquiao has successfully retained the title and created history by becoming the first boxer to win 8 world titles in 8 different weight divisions. He now has 52 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws, while his challenger Antonio Margarito has 38 wins and 7 losses.
- Manny Pacquiao Thrashes Antonio Margarito - Nov 14, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao Vs Antonio Margarito War To Hit Tonight - Nov 14, 2010
- Antonio Margarito Suffering From Fractured Orbital Bone - Nov 15, 2010
- Brit boxer Khan ready to take on superstar pal Manny Pacquiao - Apr 18, 2011
- Amir Khan is now the heir apparent to Manny Pacquiao: Roach - Oct 30, 2010
- Pacquiao loses WBO title on split decision - Jun 10, 2012
- Philippines lauds boxert Pacquiao despite defeat - Jun 10, 2012
- Manny Pacquiao Wins - Mar 14, 2010
- Ephedra: Another Reason To Upset Antonio Margarito? - Nov 14, 2010
- Manny Pacquiao's nickname reference - Aug 20, 2009
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Joshua Clottey Match Tonight - Mar 13, 2010
- Miguel Cotto Wins WBA Junior Middleweight Title - Jun 06, 2010
- Filipino boxer Pacquiao hails WBO decision - Jun 21, 2012
- Saul Alvarez Defeats Lovemore Ndou - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: anticipation, antonio margarito, anxiety, boxer, challenger, d day, dey, manny pacquiao, opponent, speculations, super welterweight, title fight, wbc, weight divisions, welterweight title, whole lot, win 8, world boxing council, world titles, wrong time