Manmohan Singh to visit Assam todayNovember 1st, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Nov 1 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will visit Assam today totake the stock of the situation after Thursday’’s serial blasts in the state in which 70 people were killed and over 300 injured.
Apart from meeting with State Governor Shiv Charan Mathur and Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, the Prime Minister will also visit Guwahati Medical College hospital to see the injured in the blasts.
Earlier, while strongly condemning the blasts, Dr. Singh said the government would take all possible steps to bring the perpetrators of terror attack to justice.
On Friday Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil visited the blast sites to access the intensity of the blast. He also visited Kokrajhar Rupnath Brahma Civil Hospital and meet some of the blast victims.
Meanwhile, a massive search operation has been launched to arrest those involved in blasts. A seven-member National Security Guard (NSG) team has already reached Guwahati to identify the explosives used in the blasts.
Twelve high intensity serial blasts rocked Guwahati and some other cities of Assam on Thursday morning.
The first explosions took place near the Ganeshguri flyover near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, followed by explosions at Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati.
Around the same time, bombs also went off in crowded market places of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Barpeta in lower Assam.
Meanwhile, Indian Mujahideen, a frontal organisation of HUJI and Lashkar - e Toiba - has claimed responsibility for Assam serial blasts. It made the claim in an SMS sent to a local TV channel. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in Assam - Oct 31, 2008
- Shivraj Patil to visit Assam today - Oct 31, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil assures help to Assam government to punish perpetrators of blasts - Nov 01, 2008
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- Uneasy calm in Assam after serial blasts - Oct 31, 2008
- All religion prayer for Assam blasts victims in Kolkata - Oct 31, 2008
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspect - Nov 04, 2008
- Guwahati blast: 50 detained, ULFA claims responsibility - Sep 09, 2012
- Assam toll rises to 12, army called in (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Where is our compensation, kin of Assam blast victims ask PM - Oct 30, 2009
- CBI nabs four NDFB members for role in 2008 Assam serial blasts - May 28, 2010
Tags: assam, charan, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, flyover, high intensity, huji, lashkar e toiba, manmohan, manmohan singh, massive search operation, mathur, medical college hospital, nsg, security capital, state governor, tarun, terror attack, time bombs, union home minister