Mancini furious over growing Man City’s injured listSeptember 26th, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 26 (ANI): Furious over more and more Manchester City players joining the injury list, boss Roberto Mancini had a bust-up with one of his backroom team.
City’s football administrator Brian Marwood was forced to intervene after boss Mancini threatened to fire physio Jamie Murphy.
The row on Tuesday was so heated that at one stage Murphy believed that he would not be travelling to the Hawthorns, News of the World reports.
Marwood acted as peacemaker in the dispute and Murphy continues to work at the club.
Despite beating Chelsea on Sunday, City still has a number of star players on the injured list.
Left-back Alexsandr Kolarov, signed from Lazio in the summer, has been wearing a protective ankle boot after surgery, News of the World reports.
Only last week striker Emmanuel Adebayor was involved in a row at the training ground with Mancini over the timescale for his return.
City has a lengthy injury list, with Wayne Bridge, Mario Balotelli and Micah Richards all on the bench. (ANI)
- Adebayor's relationship with Mancini hit rock bottom after amazing bust-up - Sep 19, 2010
- Coach Mancini fines four Man City stars for fighting during training - Jan 14, 2011
- Real Madrid not ready to continue with Adebayor - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Stupid' Balotelli responsible for crashing of Man City's Europa League dream - Mar 18, 2011
- Man City to take 50 million pound dip in selling players - Nov 19, 2010
- Bust-ups with Mancini show passion for Man City: Adebayor - Oct 23, 2010
- Adebayor can stay at Real Madrid permanently: Mancini - Apr 08, 2011
- Balotelli faces Mancini's wrath after bad challenge on Tevez during training - Apr 02, 2011
- Quit City due to lack of fans love for me: Adebayor - Apr 04, 2011
- Man City will be Premier League title contenders in three weeks: Mancini - Aug 14, 2010
- Mancini bursts out at Balotelli at training - Mar 29, 2012
- Mancini tells Balotelli to stop smoking - Dec 31, 2011
- City agree fee for defender Kolarov - Jul 16, 2010
- Man City owner asks players to give Mancini more time - Feb 20, 2010
- Light at the end Of the tunnel for matured Balotelli - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: ankle boot, bench, bust, chelsea, emmanuel adebayor, growing man, jamie murphy, lazio, lengthy injury, man city, manchester city, marwood, micah richards, news of the world, peacemaker, roberto mancini, star players, surgery news, timescale, wayne bridge