Mancini for Man City players to womanize, rather than gamblingOctober 24th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 24(ANI): Manchester City stars have reportedly been told to keep away from gambling for cash by manager Roberto Mancini.
According to a club source, Mancini does not approve of gambling because he believes it can lead to tension within the squad.
“The gaffer takes a very strong stance when it comes to issues like drinking and gambling,” the Daily Star quoted the source, as saying.
“He’s made it abundantly clear that losing vast sums of money to someone you work with can only lead to friction and bad feeling,” he added.
Earlier, the Italian manager had said that he advises his players to indulge in womanizing than drinking.
Mancini’s comment had come after goalkeeper Joe Hart was pictured dancing on a bar in Puerto Banus before joining up with the national squad.
“I do not understand players drinking until they are drunk. We do not have that culture in Italy. We would prefer to go off with a woman,” Mancini had said.
“That’s what I liked to do after a match, and I tell my players now it is better that they go with a woman than drink,” he added. (ANI)
- Mancini prefers Manchester City players womanizing than drinking - Oct 17, 2010
- Mancini reads riot-act to partying Manchester City stars - Oct 30, 2010
- Man City boss Mancini may raise a stink over Barry's booze gulp - Oct 27, 2010
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Get me Nasri and Aguero, says Mancini - Jul 16, 2011
- Man City will be Premier League title contenders in three weeks: Mancini - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Stupid' Balotelli responsible for crashing of Man City's Europa League dream - Mar 18, 2011
- Man City boss OK with players boozing before a game - Jan 14, 2010
- Man City players want coach Mancini out - Nov 01, 2010
- I will take a penalty if needed: Hart - Jun 22, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Mancini blames 'nerves' for City's unimpressive Champions League debut - Sep 15, 2011
- Mancini strips Tevez of Manchester City captaincy - Sep 10, 2011
- Man City still trying to sign US striker Donovan - Jul 22, 2010