Manchester United to sign Anelka if talks with Chelsea collapseMay 8th, 2010 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 8 (ANI): Manchester United is ready to sign striker Nicolas Anelka if his contract negotiations with Chelsea collapse.
The striker has only a year left on his Blues deal and talks are going on for a new two-year offer, but United has said it is ready to pounce if anything goes wrong.
Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-time admirer of the striker, The Sun reports.
He first looked at signing Anelka when he went on loan to Liverpool in 2002 and almost got him again before he left Bolton for Chelsea in an 18 million pound deal in January 2008.
Ferguson wants Anelka to replace Dimitar Berbatov and he could get his man for an eight million pound fee.
Anelka was the Premiership’s top scorer last season with 19 and has 13 goals so far this campaign. (ANI)
- Juventus, Genoa lure Man U's fed-up striker Berbatov - Mar 19, 2011
- Berbatov set 30-goal target, assured of long-term Man U future - Jan 29, 2011
- Berbatov fears new striker at Man U - May 14, 2010
- Berbatov could be leaving Man U for Seville - Apr 21, 2011
- Man U to offer striker Berbatov new three-year deal - Feb 05, 2011
- AC Milan planning 20 million pound bid for Berbatov - Apr 20, 2010
- Ferguson says won't be surprised if Berbatov quits Man U - Sep 19, 2010
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Man U may dump out of form Berbatov - Apr 13, 2010
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Torres can join Chelsea for 50 million pounds - Jan 30, 2011
- Giggs backs Berbatov to win 'Golden Boot' battle against Tevez in Manchester derby - Feb 12, 2011
- Desperate to stay at Man U, Berbatov asks Fergie not to sell him - Apr 17, 2010
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011