Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeksDecember 27th, 2011 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 27 (IANS) Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has confirmed that defender Jonny Evans will be out of action for two weeks after suffering a calf injury during the side’s 5-0 win over Wigan in the English Premier League.
Ferguson also said after the match that Evans will not make the New Year’s Eve encounter with Blackburn, Xinhua reported.
“Jonny came off injured. He has a calf injury and will be out for two weeks,” said Ferguson.
“We have had a nightmare the last few days. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have both been ill. Rio Ferdinand pulled up yesterday with a back injury and Jonny Evans has come off at half-time. It does put you under pressure,” he added.
- Fergie relying on 'fit' Ferdinand for match against rivals Liverpool - Mar 03, 2011
- Knee injury sidelines Phil Jones for up to eight weeks - Sep 09, 2012
- Evans' in contract wrangle with Manchester United - Mar 28, 2010
- Dalglish to go head-to-head with Ferguson to bag Jones - Apr 27, 2011
- Rooney fined 200,000 pounds by Ferguson - Jan 02, 2012
- Ferdinand must get his priorities right to overcome poor form: Ferguson - Oct 31, 2009
- Man U's Ferdinand says he will be ready for Champions League final - May 21, 2009
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Back injury may keep Ferdinand out for up to eight weeks - Nov 01, 2009
- No major additions to Man U squad: Fergie - Jan 01, 2010
- Ferguson warns Man U against complacency - May 04, 2011
- Premier League slipped away from Man U, admits Fergie - Apr 12, 2010
- Rooney won't play Euro 2012, Olympics: FA - Apr 22, 2012
- Man U turmoil to affect Ferguson-Rooney relationship: Experts - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: alex ferguson, back injury, blackburn, calf injury, encounter, english premier league, eve, few days, london, manager alex ferguson, manchester united, match, new year, nightmare, rio ferdinand, wigan, xinhua