Manchester Citys world record 175million pound offer for KakaJanuary 14th, 2009 - 4:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 14 (ANI): Manchester City has offered a sensational 175million pounds in a bid to land AC Milan superstar Kaka.
City chief executive Garry Cook and deal broker Kia Joorabchian met Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani to make the world-record bid, The Sun reported.
Milan would pocket 100 million pounds and Brazilian playmaker Kaka almost 75 million pounds for a five-year deal worth 15 million pounds a season - or 280,000 pounds per week.
According to a top Milan source, the Italians technical director Ariedo Braida was also at the meeting.
An informant at the negotiations said: The Manchester delegation were determined to make their offer but it was rejected. But our owner Silvio Berlusconi is now concerned that the player himself may want this deal to happen.
Berlusconi said: I hope Kaka stays.
But Galliano told the City delegation: We would not consider selling Kaka for 100 million pounds - it would have to be an obscene amount more.
The Italian giants have never sold any of their superstars, but admit they have been taken aback by the jaw-dropping bid.
Milan has twice in the past rejected megabucks offers from Real Madrid.
If Citys offer is eventually successful it will eclipse the world record 46 million pounds transfer that took Zinedine Zidane from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001.
Kaka currently earns 10.8 million pounds a year at Milan and is the second-highest paid player in Serie A behind 11 million pounds -a-year Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (ANI)
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Milan want Kaka back on loan - Aug 27, 2012
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
- Man City to launch charm offensive to attract Kaka despite his lack of interest - Jan 15, 2009
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Man City never big enough to bid for me: Kaka - Jun 28, 2009
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Ancelotti begs Kaka not to join Real Madrid - Jun 04, 2009
- British club makes 100 mn pounds bid for Milan's Kaka - Jan 14, 2009
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Abramovich ready to fund 25 million pound bid for Kaka - Feb 12, 2011
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: 100 million, ac milan, adriano, citys, delegation, galliano, informant, italians, juventus, kaka, kia joorabchian, london jan, manchester city, playmaker, real madrid, silvio berlusconi, superstars, technical director, world record, zinedine zidane