Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy brutally attacked outside nightclubFebruary 14th, 2010 - 2:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb. 14 (ANI): Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy was caked in blood after his face was hit outside a nightclub in Cheshire.
A Manchester United fan battered the Welsh footballer splitting his head open and sending him flying.
A 6ft 2in attacker “built like a rugby player” continued pounding 5ft 9in Bellamy as he lay sprawled on the ground.
The attacker fled before police arrived at trendy Panacea club in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.
“The guy hit Bellamy five or six times. He pummelled him in the face,” News of the World quoted an onlooker, as saying.
Bellamy, 30, refused to press charges and was driven off in a Rolls Royce. He was pictured on Saturday with a black eye and cut face.
Bellamy had been out with his team-mate Wayne Bridge after a 2-1 defeat against Hull on Saturday last week. (ANI)
- Rooney set for Ferguson's "hairdryer" treatment over eight-hour bender - Aug 03, 2010
- Wayne Rooney's night out ends with him urinating down a wall - Aug 02, 2010
- CCTV footage leads to soccer ace Bellamy's arrest - Jan 13, 2011
- Terry tells Bellamy not to throw stones from a ` glass house' - Mar 01, 2010
- Man U keeper Van der Sar takes safety of team-mates into his hands - Mar 20, 2010
- Football world pays rich tribute to Gary Speed - Nov 28, 2011
- Man City winger Wright-Phillips to be quizzed over nightclub bloodbath - Nov 17, 2010
- Liverpool, City secure Carling Cup semifinal berths - Nov 30, 2011
- Welsh and Scott team snub the national anthem - Jul 27, 2012
- Man City boss Hughes facing two-game touchline ban for attacking referee - Dec 16, 2009
- Title race wide open as leaders Chelsea humbled by Man City - Feb 28, 2010
- Ferdinand presents wife, sons with garden gnome with his own face painted on it - Mar 29, 2010
- Bellamy and Mancini clash during Man City training session - Dec 23, 2009
- Wayne Rooney steps out with wife and son - Sep 23, 2010
- Roo sank Hull over Fergie's hairdryer fear - Dec 28, 2009
Tags: attacker, black eye, cheshire, craig bellamy, face news, feb 14, footballer, london feb, manchester city, manchester united, news of the world, onlooker, panacea, rolls royce, rugby player, six times, striker, team mate, wayne bridge, welsh