Manchester City steps up the chase for Arsenal’s AdebayorMay 24th, 2009 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 24 (ANI): Manchester City officials have reportedly stepped up their chase to snare Arsenal’s Emmanuel Adebayor, though the striker has just signed an 80,000-pound-a-week deal with the Gunners.
According to News of The World, Manchester City have asked his Adebayor’s agent Stephane Courbis to be kept up with developments as the African looks for the Emirates exit.
A source said: “City made their interest known and have no problem finding the fee or increasing his pay. It is not definite Adebayor will leave Arsenal but looks more likely than last year.”
The Togo international spent last summer trying to engineer a move and was booed by the Arsenal fans last pre-season. He did sign a four-year deal last August.
However, Arsenal sources say the player and Wenger have an agreement he would play one more year before looking at his options again. (ANI)
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Adebayor assures of good gestures for Man City-Arsenal clash - Apr 24, 2010
- Adebayor to miss Togo's World Cup qualifier - Jun 09, 2012
- Adebayor ready to take on his brothers at Arsenal - Sep 02, 2009
- Nasri involved in altercation with Frimpong on return to Emirates - Nov 30, 2011
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Arsenal may be ready to offload Ivory Coast striker Eboue - May 30, 2009
- Adebayor could Manchester City next season - Mar 07, 2010
- Mourinho signs Man City striker Adebayor on loan - Jan 26, 2011
- Adebayor accuses Arsenal of selling him for more money - Jul 24, 2009
- Pre-season overseas tour has double edges: Wenger - May 05, 2012
- Man City close to netting Arsenal's Kolo for 14 million pounds - Jul 27, 2009
- 'Scarred' Fabregas hits back at Adebayor's X-rated tackle - Sep 18, 2009
- Do not to abuse Adebayor, Wenger asks Arsenal fans - Sep 12, 2009