Manchester City should sign Kaka quickly, says manager HughesJanuary 19th, 2009 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.19 (ANI): Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has reportedly told the Arab owners of the club to sign Brazilian and A C Milan football star Kaka now or risk missing out on him.
Hughes missive came as the clubs executive chairman Garry Cook and City officials are due to sit down with the Brazilians father Bosco Leite and AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani in Italy today to firm up their 91 million pound pursuit of Kaka, The Sun reports.
The deal, with wages and add-ons, could still reach as much as 243 million pounds.
Real Madrid have emerged as possible rivals in the chase for the superstar.
But they are not in a position to make a move until the summer, following last weeks exit of club president Ramon Calderon.
Hughes, who is known in football circles by his nickname Sparky, was quoted as saying: It may be that in the future a deal to bring Kaka to Manchester City will never present itself again. So, when it does, you have to follow it through.
You have to react quickly when the opportunity comes to acquire a player of that standard, he added.
Hughes demand comes a day after Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour was reported to have lost 440 million pounds, which is nearly double the amount that he is expected to fork out for purchasing Kaka.
The Arab tycoon, who hopes to sign AC Milans Kaka for 243 million pounds, was stunned after Barclays shares crashed by 25 per cent, wiping 2.7 billion pounds off the banks market value.
The Sheikh, 38, had plunged 3.5 billion pounds of his estimated 33 billion pound fortune into Barclays last October, giving him a 16.3 per cent stake.
The Sun revealed yesterday that he hopes to take Kaka, 26, to the club by splashing 108 million pounds on a transfer, another 108 million pounds on the attackers wages and 27million pounds in fees. (ANI)
- Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour loses 440 million pounds - Jan 18, 2009
- Milan want Kaka back on loan - Aug 27, 2012
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
- Ibrahimovic, Silva sold to PSG, admits Berlusconi - Jul 13, 2012
- Tevez is money-seeker, says Seedorf - Dec 12, 2011
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- Manchester City reject Milan's Tevez bid - Dec 11, 2011
- Brazil's Dede on AC Milan radar - Jun 05, 2012
- PSG eyes $85 mn-bid for Brazilian duo - Jun 03, 2012
- Kaka rejects Manchester Citys offer - Jan 20, 2009
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Brazilian striker Kaka may join Manchester City for 243 million pounds - Jan 16, 2009
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Manchester Citys world record 175million pound offer for Kaka - Jan 14, 2009
Tags: ac milan, adriano galliani, attackers, barclays, brazilians, city officials, club president, executive chairman, football star, jan 19, leite, london jan, manchester city, mark hughes, milan football, missive, ramon calderon, real madrid, sheikh mansour, sparky