Manchester City reject Tevez’s transfer request

December 13th, 2010 - 11:55 am ICT by ANI  

London, Dec 13(ANI): Manchester City has rejected a transfer request from captain Carlos Tevez, and expressed disappointment at the “actions of his representative” over the matter.

Tevez is reportedly adamant that he wants to quit Eastlands after growing disenchanted with the management.

“It is with disappointment that we confirm to our supporters that Carlos Tevez has submitted a written transfer request. The club can also confirm that the request has been rejected,” The Telegraph quoted a statement from the club, as saying.

“The club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos’ representative.”

“Roberto Mancini and all at the club have shown, and will continue to show, sensitivity to Carlos’ personal circumstances including the issue of his family being based overseas,” it added.

The club also said that the ‘written transfer request’ was a stark contrast to Carlos’ stated position in both public and club contexts.

“Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year,” the statement said.

“However, in line with the club’s policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos’ current five-year contract has three and a half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.”

“This is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction and the club will remain focused on the games ahead in what is turning out to be a very promising season. The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play,” it added.

The 26 year-old, who signed a five-year contract on his arrival from Manchester United in July 2009, has struggled to build a relationship with Chief Executive Garry Cook and manager Roberto Mancini since the sacking of Mark Hughes last year.

It is understood that the written transfer request was submitted several days ago and ahead of Saturday’s 3-1 victory over West Ham United, which Tevez missed through suspension, and which lifted the club to second in the Premier League table. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe