Manchester City offers Drogba double what Chelseas payingJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 12:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.23 (ANI): Manchester City has offered Didier Drogba 180, 000-pound a week to quit Chelsea.
The striker is interested because he believes his old boss Jose Mourinho will take over at Eastlands this summer.
Drogba, 30, could earn 40 million pound over a period of four-and-a-half years, reports The Sun.
The tabloid revealed yesterday that Manchester City had turned to 15-million-pound Drogba after failing to get Roque Santa Cruz from Blackburn.
Drogba has fallen out with boss Luiz Felipe Scolari and has not been in the squad for the last two games.
He currently earns 90,000 pounds a week on a contract which has 18 months to run, but City are happy to double his salary. (ANI)
- Mourinho set for 20 million pound swoop for Man City's Adebayor - Aug 22, 2010
- Man City to take 50 million pound dip in selling players - Nov 19, 2010
- Manchester City eyes Chelsea's bad boy Drogba - May 15, 2009
- Mourinho's move to Real Madrid has Premier League clubs in panic - May 24, 2010
- Chelsea owner Abramovich bans Hiddink from taking Man City job - Dec 06, 2009
- Abramovich ready to fund 25 million pound bid for Kaka - Feb 12, 2011
- Manchester City completes 40-mn pounds deal for Tevez, Cruz - Jun 23, 2009
- Manchester City sets its sight on Chelseas Drogba - Jan 22, 2009
- Mourinho may return to UK Premier League in 2012 - Mar 12, 2011
- Real Madrid manager Mourinho planning swoop for Terry - Apr 27, 2011
- Chelsea planning summer clear out of its five big stars - Feb 04, 2011
- Drogba in talks with Man City over 20-mn pound move - Jul 20, 2010
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Mourinho eyes Man City striker Manu on loan - Jan 04, 2011
- Chelsea's wage bill was whopping 172 million pounds in 2010 - Feb 05, 2011