Manchester City may target dad to get Kaka to moveJanuary 15th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.15 (ANI): Manchester City may target Brazilian striker Kaka’’s dad to get the superstar to accept a proposed 100-million-pound move from A C Milan.
Mirror Sport has learned that Kaka’’s father Bosco, who is his son’’s closest adviser, is due to fly to Milan to discuss the City proposal with their chief executive Garry Cook.
The Blues hope to persuade Bosco of their ambition to become one of Europe’’s top clubs and believe his father will help persuade the former World Player of the Year to join them in the world record breaking deal.
It is understood City officials will sit down with Kaka and his representatives within the next 48 hours and present their proposal to the player and his advisers.
But they must prove they have what it takes to become a major European force before the Brazil star will consider joining them.
Mega-rich City believe they can pull off their audacious plan to sign him in a deal worth more than double the existing world record 47 million that Spanish club Real Madrid paid Juventus to land French captain Zinedine Zidane in 2001.
But their hopes of signing the former World Player of the Year were dealt a blow when Kaka’’s agent warned City the AC Milan star would only consider joining a team capable of competing with the best in Europe. Kaka responded to City’’s interest by declaring his loyalty to Milan but he is intrigued by the prospect of joining the revolution at Eastlands - if the club can match his appetite for success. (ANI)
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- List of FIFA World Footballer of the Year since 1991 - Dec 22, 2009
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Man City never big enough to bid for me: Kaka - Jun 28, 2009
- British club makes 100 mn pounds bid for Milan's Kaka - Jan 14, 2009
- Man City to launch charm offensive to attract Kaka despite his lack of interest - Jan 15, 2009
- Kaka ready to make major history at Real Madrid - Jun 09, 2009
- Fox Sports poll names Zidane as 'Footballer Of The Decade' - Dec 18, 2009
- Ribery starts on the bench against India - Jan 10, 2012
- Benzema doubtful ahead of return leg against Malaga - Jan 09, 2012
- It is a dream come true to coach Argentina: Sabella - Aug 31, 2011
- Kaka joins match to raise funds for Haiti quake victims - Jan 22, 2010
- Kaka rejects Manchester Citys offer - Jan 20, 2009
- Manchester Citys world record 175million pound offer for Kaka - Jan 14, 2009
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: 100 million, ac milan, adviser, ambition, appetite, bosco, city officials, city proposal, club real madrid, eastlands, kaka, london jan, loyalty, manchester city, spanish club, striker, top clubs, world player of the year, world record, zinedine zidane