Manchester City launches football academy in UAEJanuary 2nd, 2012 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Jan 2 (IANS/WAM) Britain’s famed Manchester City football club launched a coaching academy here Monday.
Aspirants can sign up for a 10-week course, starting Jan 15 at the Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi.
The fee is 1,750 dirhams (about $200).
Those who join the School of Football before Jan 7 will have a chance to watch a live football match of the club at the Etihad Stadium.
They will also meet star players before the big match and even get some tips at the club’s training ground.
Manchester City coaches will be flown into Abu Dhabi to teach the young players on how to improve their skills in a fun and challenging way.
“We held some sessions with local young players and I have been very impressed with not only the standard but also with the huge enthusiasm and love for the game,” School of Football coach Gavin Makel said.
- Dutch queen tours Abu Dhabi mosque - Jan 09, 2012
- Abu Dhabi airport auctions tickets - Feb 06, 2012
- Etihad unveils special A330-200 Manchester City livery - Jul 09, 2011
- Pact inked on developing Palestine's infrastructure - Oct 14, 2010
- UAE central bank announces increase in money supply - Mar 28, 2011
- Luxembourg opens embassy in UAE - Nov 22, 2011
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- Abu Dhabi mulls cameras in school buses - Jul 25, 2011
- Abu Dhabi hosts industry meet - Dec 19, 2011
- Etihad opens premium lounge at Manchester airport - Dec 10, 2010
- Abu Dhabi to host tourism summit - Nov 22, 2011
- Abu Dhabi approves developmental projects - Mar 04, 2012
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank posts $158 mn profits - Apr 27, 2011
- Air expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Mar 07, 2012
- UAE, Britain discuss Afghan aid - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, city football club, dirhams, football academy, football coach, football match, game school, jan 7, live football, love, makel, manchester city football, manchester city football club, sessions, sports city, star players, uae, wam, zayed