Manchester City has the money but ‘no class’, says former striker BenjaniSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 3(ANI): Blackburn Rovers striker Benjani Mwaruwari has slammed his former club Manchester City, saying that people at Eastlands are not trustworthy.
“It seemed like behind the scenes at Manchester City there is no class. I would prefer to be at a club where you can trust people around you,” The Sun quoted Benjani, as saying.
“I would prefer to be here without all those facilities and be happy and to be able to trust everyone around me. When I say there is no trust, if you look a year or so back they bought eight or nine players.”
“I think six or seven of those are already on their way out. That’s what I mean about trust, so you need to be loved even if you change the manager,” he added.
The Zimbabwe international signed a one-year contract at Ewood Park this week after being released by City at the end of last season following an unsuccessful six-month loan at Sunderland.
Benjani, who had scored on his debut for City in the 2-1 victory against Manchester United in February 2008, will launch his Rovers career with a Premier League clash against City at Eastlands on September 11. (ANI)
- Blackburn's Yakubu set to join Chinese club Guangzhou - Jun 19, 2012
- Midfielder Vieira staying with City - Jun 10, 2010
- EPL side Blackburn Rovers arrive in Pune - Oct 05, 2011
- West Ham United eyeing Allardyce as a replacement for manager Grant - Jan 10, 2011
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Fan who backed Premier League underdogs lands bet - Jan 03, 2012
- Manchester City's Robinho seeks Santos stay - Aug 06, 2010
- Tevez apologises to Manchester City - Feb 22, 2012
- Louis Saha signs for Sunderland - Aug 16, 2012
- QPR striker Mackie slams 'absolute disgrace' Diouf after foul-mouthed tirade - Jan 10, 2011
- Blackburn beat Arsenal 4-3 in EPL - Sep 17, 2011
- Blackburn Rovers to continue with 'flop' manager Steve Kean - Mar 08, 2011
- Adebayor's relationship with Mancini hit rock bottom after amazing bust-up - Sep 19, 2010
- Tevez still dreams of Rooney joining him at Man City - Nov 09, 2010
- '10-hour monthly flights to India' come as a surprise to Blackburn Rovers' new manager - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: benjani mwaruwari, blackburn, clash, club manchester, debut, eastlands, ewood park, london, manchester city, manchester united, money, premier league, september 11, striker, sun, victory, zimbabwe, zimbabwe international