Manchester City eyes Chelsea’s bad boy DrogbaMay 15th, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 15 (ANI): Manchester City is ready to make a 15million pound swoop for Chelsea’s bad boy Didier Drogba.
Boss Mark Hughes made a firm inquiry about the Ivory Coast striker in January and, although he was knocked back, the Londoners admitted a summer move was a possibility.
Now, City wants to push through a three-year deal, worth around 150,000 pound a week, as soon as the window reopens.
Hughes is desperate to recruit a powerful front man after cooling his interest in Blackburn’s Roque Santa Cruz, The Sun reports.
Drogba’s Stamford Bridge future was up in the air even before last week’s foul-mouthed television rant following their Champions League knock out.
There is a split within Chelsea over whether to keep him or not but City’s offer for a 31-year-old, who has been plagued by injury problems, would be hard to ignore.
Meanwhile, Hughes insists he has no fears about his future at City. The Eastlands boss said: “People talking about me and my job is just water off a duck’s back.
“But from within the club I feel I’m getting some credit. I have two years left on my contract at the moment. My view is I’ll be here next year,” he added. (ANI)
- Man City to take 50 million pound dip in selling players - Nov 19, 2010
- I am ready for Chelsea debut: Oscar - Aug 18, 2012
- Lukaku contemplating loan move away from Chelsea - Mar 02, 2012
- Drogba recovers from mild concussion - Aug 28, 2011
- Manchester City offers Drogba double what Chelseas paying - Jan 23, 2009
- Mourinho set for 20 million pound swoop for Man City's Adebayor - Aug 22, 2010
- Lampard hails Drogba for Chelsea's historic win - May 20, 2012
- Man City, Chelsea eye Seville striker Fabiano - Feb 17, 2010
- No guarantee of staying at Chelsea for rest of my career: Drogba - Sep 27, 2010
- 'Chelsea finding bad spell hard to live with', says Drogba - Feb 09, 2011
- Man with golden heart Drogba dedicated to helping world's sick - Nov 20, 2010
- Torres ready to end goal drought against Manchester City - Mar 20, 2011
- Adebayor confident of outshining Drogba to be crowned King of Africa - Jan 08, 2010
- Carroll will be better than Drogba, says Joe Cole - Mar 31, 2011
- Drogba in talks with Man City over 20-mn pound move - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: bad boy, blackburn, boss, champions league, city eyes, drogba, fears, front man, ivory coast, knock out, london, londoners, manchester city, mark hughes, roque santa cruz, stamford bridge, striker, swoop, television, water off a duck