Manchester City close to signing Tevez for 32 m poundsJune 3rd, 2009 - 3:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 3 (ANI): Manchester City are close to signing Argentine football star Carlos Tevez for 32 million pounds.
The Argentine striker’s advisor Kia Joorabchian is due to meet with Old Trafford chief executive David Gill to discuss the possibility of United paying a further 25.5 million pounds to turn Tevez’s two-year loan into a permanent move.However, Joorabchian has already thrashed out a possible transfer to Eastlands, Sun Sport reveals.
Tevez would team up with England midfielder Gareth Barry, who sealed his 12 m pounds switch to City from Aston Villa last night.
City boss Mark Hughes’ stunning statement of intent is likely to leave his old United mentor Alex Ferguson fuming.
Tevez, 25, has had his head turned by the offer of a staggering 140,000-pound a-week wages from City.Money is no object, with City’s Arab owner Sheikh Mansour banking another 1.5 billion pounds by selling some Barclays shares last night. (ANI)
- Tevez and Barry to join Manchester City - May 31, 2009
- Manchester City to complete signing of Tevez next week - Jul 11, 2009
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Manchester City not in 47-mn pounds deal for Tevez - Sep 12, 2009
- Manchester City will force Tevez to stay at club: Report - Dec 14, 2010
- Argentine Tevez open to switch from Man U to Man City - May 13, 2009
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Tevez issues 'come and get him' plea to Man U rivals - May 10, 2009
- Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians deal - Jul 21, 2011
- Ferguson says Tevez not worth 25 million pounds - Jul 21, 2009
- Tevez says Man City have blown their Premiere League title chances - Feb 05, 2011
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Man U's Tevez rejects Real Madrid's 40 million pound offer - May 15, 2009
- Ferguson poised for 100 million pounds-plus summer buying campaign - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, argentine football, aston villa, barclays, carlos tevez, city boss, city close, city money, david gill, football star, gareth barry, june 3, kia joorabchian, manchester city, mark hughes, midfielder, statement of intent, striker, stunning statement, sun sport