Man U’s Giggs warns Arsenal’s Wenger ahead of crunch semi-finalMay 4th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 4 (ANI): Manchester United’s record setting football great Ryan Giggs has warned Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger that his team is ready to turn the screw on against the Gunners in their Champions League crunch tomorrow.
United warmed up for their semi-final second-leg clash against Arsenal with an easy win at Middlesbrough on Saturday.
And wing ace Giggs, 35, said: “We’ve got our noses in front for Tuesday, but Arsenal are a quality side.
“They create chances but we hope that we’ll create chances, too. We will try and score and make it difficult for them. In the end it was quite straightforward at Boro and that was ideal for us with a massive game coming up. It has set us up nicely. We wanted the momentum we currently have to carry on into the Arsenal game and that’s what we’ve got,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
“A professional performance, a clean sheet, two goals and now we go into Tuesday full of confidence,” he added. (ANI)
- Arsenal needs to work harder to end trophy drought: Wenger - Apr 21, 2011
- Wenger accepts responsibility for Arsenal's title hopes crash - Apr 25, 2011
- Birmingham eyeing to breach Arsenal's 'weak' defence in Carling Cup final - Feb 25, 2011
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Wilshere set to defy Wenger, wants to play Euro under 21 - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Consistent' Arsenal can win Premier League title: Wenger - Oct 31, 2010
- Wenger vows to fight on - Aug 29, 2011
- Wenger gunning for Man U - Mar 03, 2011
- Wenger takes dig at Nani's 'intelligence' for writing off Arsenal's championship chances - Dec 24, 2010
- Manchester United still favourites to win title: Wenger - May 02, 2011
- Fighting Arsenal bow out of Champions League - Mar 07, 2012
- Arsenal under pressure to meet only remaining Premier League 'target': Wenger - Mar 21, 2011
- Gunners move to within two points of Premier League leader Chelsea - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: ace, arsenal, boro, champions league, clash, coach, confidence, crunch, gunners, london, manchester united, massive game, middlesbrough, momentum, noses, professional performance, ryan giggs, screw, sun