Man U’s Fergie putting 70-mln pound master plan in place should Ronaldo quitApril 19th, 2009 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.19 (ANI): Manchester United coach-cum-manager Sir Alex Ferguson will put a spectacular 70-million-pound plan in place when and not if Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo demands a summer move to the Spanish football club Real Madrid.United would use the world record fee to try to lure Brazilan Kaka, along with Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery.
Fergie, who has admired Kaka for years but previously thought him way out of his price range, also knows there is no better time to try to lure him to Old Trafford.
In what may turn out to be a sweet irony for the United boss, the potential influx of funds from Ronaldo’s sale may not have come at a better time.
AC Milan are in need of massive rebuilding job and are expected to lose manager Carlo Ancelloti to Chelsea at the end of the season. They’ve failed to challenge for the Italian title again and didn’t even qualify for this year’s Champions League.
Kaka has regularly shown his frustration and expressed fears about the club’s future unless they recruit more young talent. He even asked for Milan to bid for Liverpool Steven Gerrard this week, a player they have no chance of signing.
Fergie will have observed such signs of unrest and, in contrast to his city rivals, will be confident he can persuade Kaka to revive his career in England.
As well as Kaka, United are expected to bid for Ribery, while Wigan’s Antonio Valencia is already seen as a ‘done deal,’ with on-loan Spurs striker Fraizer Campbell likely to head to the JJB as a makeweight in the transfer.
A move for Kaka would also spell the end of Carlos Tevez’s fading hopes of a permanent United deal.
A source close to many of the United players said: “It’s an open secret Ronaldo is off. He’s made it clear he’s done the year United asked him to do after Madrid’s offer last summer and that he’s off at the end of the season. (ANI)
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Fergie looking to land three top summer transfers - Mar 30, 2011
- Berlusconi dreams of buying Ronaldo for AC Milan - Apr 13, 2011
- Fergie had the last word on Ronaldo's Real Madrid transfer - Jun 12, 2009
- Real Madrid favourites to sign on Franck Ribery - Jun 17, 2009
- Ribery likely snub Premier League giants' overtures to stay with Bayern Munich - May 21, 2010
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Real Madrid steer seven points clear of Barcelona - Jan 29, 2012
- Real Madrid crush Ajax in Champions League - Sep 28, 2011
- Man U's Fergie could have signed French star Ribery for free - Jun 17, 2009
- Nike ad shows Roo living in squalor recalling shattered footie dream - May 15, 2010
- Ferguson stuns Man U fans, no more signings this summer - Jul 14, 2009
- Sir Alex Ferguson eying Fernando Torres - Jun 14, 2009
- Man U targets Milan striker Ibrahimovic - Jul 09, 2009
Tags: ac milan, alex ferguson, bayern munich, carlos tevez, city rivals, club real madrid, cristiano ronaldo, fergie, football club real, fraizer campbell, franck ribery, italian title, jjb, kaka, makeweight, old trafford, sir alex ferguson, spanish football, steven gerrard, sweet irony