Man U’s Evans follows Fergie in referees blastNovember 14th, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 14(ANI): Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has followed manager Sir Alex Ferguson by having his own dig at referees, saying that the Red Devils have been getting a raw deal by referees this season.
The 21-year-old feels the reigning Premier League champions have not been getting the benefit of some 50-50 decisions in recent games.
Ferguson and a number of players have been unhappy over a host of decisions given by referee Martin Atkinson during last weekend’s 1-0 defeat against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
“We’re normally good with referees. You get a lot of teams who use play acting, but not many of us roll around and try to cheat. The 50-50 decisions from that have not gone our way lately and that has been a bit disheartening for a few of the lads,” The Sun quoted Evans, as saying.
“Sometimes you have to beat the referee as well and that is what we have to do,” he added. (ANI)
- Manchester United defender Evans sidelined for two weeks - Dec 27, 2011
- Ferguson furious as Chelsea's Luiz escapes red card for Rooney foul - Mar 02, 2011
- Fergie facing FA rap following diatribe against referee - Mar 02, 2011
- Ferguson set for trial by TV over referee rant - Mar 03, 2011
- Ferguson 'spitting mad' after getting five-match touchline ban - Mar 17, 2011
- Fergie happy with win over Chelsea, does not feel guilty - Apr 07, 2011
- Referee's blunder can cost Man U Premier League title: Ferguson - Nov 21, 2009
- Fergie writes off Chelsea's Premier League title challenge - Feb 26, 2011
- Premier League to crackdown on unacceptable" behaviour towards referees - Apr 01, 2011
- Ferguson at risk of another FA rap over referee 'conspiracy' comment - May 02, 2011
- Matches against Arsenal, Chelsea key to winning back Premier League: Ferguson - Dec 03, 2010
- Fergie relying on 'fit' Ferdinand for match against rivals Liverpool - Mar 03, 2011
- Ferguson to reconsider Rooney's midfield role - Mar 18, 2011
- Jamie Carragher's tackle of Nani 'disgraceful': Ferguson - Mar 12, 2011
- Fergie becomes UK Referees Association Life President - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, benefit, chelsea, decisions, lads, league champions, london, manchester united, martin atkinson, premier league, raw deal, recent games, red devils, referee, referees, sir alex ferguson, stamford bridge, sun