Man U wants Berbatov to fill void left by RooneyApril 1st, 2010 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 1 (ANI): Manchester United will be backing Dimitar Berbatov to fill the goals void left by ace striker Wayne Rooney’s injury.
Manchester United is set to be without Rooney for up to a month after the striker sprained his right ankle in Munich.
Reds defender Nemanja Vidic has backed Bulgarian Berbatov to step up his game and fill Rooney’s void.
“We know Wayne is unbelievable. He scored again against Bayern and had another chance, he is one of the best in the world. But Berba showed what he could do at Bolton. He had a great game,” The Sun quoted Vidic, as saying.
“Also this season we have shown we play as a team. We need to believe in ourselves and believe in each other,” he said.
With Michael Owen out for the season with a torn hamstring, Berbatov, 29, is United’s only fit recognised striker.
If United are to stay ahead of their big rivals in the title race and progress in Europe by beating Bayern in Wednesday’s return leg, they will have to play a lot better than they did on Tuesday night, the paper reports.
Rooney put United ahead after just 66 seconds yet they were over-run after that and went down 2-1 to Ivica Olic’s injury-time goal. (ANI)
- Rooney give me 10 goals and Berbatov 30, demands Ferguson - Feb 02, 2011
- Bayern Munich fears Berbatov can destroy their Champions League dream - Apr 07, 2010
- Berbatov wants to finish footie career with Man U - Dec 07, 2010
- Berbatov set 30-goal target, assured of long-term Man U future - Jan 29, 2011
- Man U to offer striker Berbatov new three-year deal - Feb 05, 2011
- Ferguson says won't be surprised if Berbatov quits Man U - Sep 19, 2010
- Capello backs Rooney to fire in England's Denmark friendly - Feb 09, 2011
- Constant training ground spat keeping Berbatov on toes: Evra - Dec 28, 2010
- Man U's title hopes in ruins without Rooney: Ancelotti - Apr 05, 2010
- AC Milan's Huntelaar may replace Berbatov at Manchester United - Apr 23, 2010
- Man U may dump out of form Berbatov - Apr 13, 2010
- Rooney's injury may not be bad enough to keep him out of WC - Mar 31, 2010
- Defenders key to Man U's Champions League dream - Mar 29, 2010
- Kaiser fears Rooney's red-hot form - Mar 25, 2010
- Rooney vows to fill in for Ronaldo and Tevez - Jul 20, 2009
Tags: ace, bayern, berbatov, bolton, europe, great game, injury time goal, ivica olic, london, manchester united, michael owen, munich, nemanja vidic, reds, return leg, rivals, sun, tuesday night, wayne rooney