Man U veteran Giggs looking forward to `dream’ Champions League finalMay 21st, 2009 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 21 (ANI) Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs is looking forward to the Champions League final against Barcelona FC to be played in Rome at the end of the month, and labeled it a “dream final”.
Giggs believes next Wednesday’s match in Rome is the one most neutrals wanted and will decide who is genuinely the best team in Europe because it pits together the champions of the two strongest leagues in Europe.
“It is the dream final. It is between the two best clubs from the two top leagues and both have won their domestic titles this year - and in our case three years in a row. Coupled with the performances of the two clubs in the Champions League this season it is a match everybody is looking forward to, including the players,” The Sun quoted Giggs, as saying.”United and Barca are both massive clubs with proud histories. We both play football the right way and have so many individual talents. I hope it is a free-flowing game with lots of goals but sometimes two teams can cancel each other out. I hope that’s not the case,” he added.Giggs also admitted that Manchester United cannot afford to concentrate solely on keeping Barca’s Argentine striker Lionel Messi quiet, just as Barca would be foolish to think that keeping Cristiano Ronaldo on a tight leash will totally blunt United’s attacking edge.
He said: “Messi and Ronaldo are two of the best players in the world. Of course, we have to recognise Barca’s danger men but we have to remember that they are also a very good all-round team. They have so many top players and that’s why they are in the European Cup final. We have to look after every player and it will be the same for them.” (ANI)
- Mourinho going nowhere: Cristiano Ronaldo - Mar 14, 2012
- Manchester United-Barcelona set for most lucrative Champions League final - May 27, 2011
- Giggs tells Ron not to leave Man U - May 27, 2009
- We're worthy winners, says Guardiola - Apr 04, 2012
- Messi is probably the best I will ever see: Guardiola - May 30, 2011
- Rooney wants Man U star Giggs to be knighted - Apr 14, 2011
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Ronaldo blasts Fergie's tactics to counter Messi and company - May 28, 2009
- Robinho delighted over Man U's flop show against Barcelona - May 28, 2009
- Barca's Messi takes a swipe at Man U's Ronaldo - May 20, 2009
- Berlusconi dreams of buying Ronaldo for AC Milan - Apr 13, 2011
- Messi wants Fabregas and Mascherano to keep Barcelona on top - Jul 09, 2009
- The believe it or not of Ronaldo and Messi, by Castrol! - May 27, 2009
- Messi won't leave Barcelona for money - Nov 04, 2011
- Lionel Messi's priceless ambition - May 15, 2009
Tags: barca, barcelona fc, best clubs, champions league final, danger men, domestic titles, europe, histories, lionel, london, manchester united, match, neutrals, rome, ronaldo, ryan giggs, striker, talents, tight leash, veteran