Man U needs 10 more wins to wrest Premier League title from Chelsea: FergusonFebruary 5th, 2011 - 3:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 5 (ANI): Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said that 10 more victories would take them to 84 points which is enough to clinch the Premier League title.
United can set a new club best by stretching their unbeaten Premier League run to 30 games at Wolves today, but Ferguson is more interested in the big picture and feels 84 points will be enough to reclaim the title from Chelsea.
That means United need 30 from their remaining 14 games - six at home and eight away, the Daily Express reports.
“It’s about getting enough points to get over the line. I think 84 points would definitely win it, so we have 30 points to find,” Ferguson said.
Ferguson said that his side shares the same characteristics as the Treble winners of 1999 who went unbeaten through 29 league games from Boxing Day 1998 to October 3, 1999.
“The character of the team has been well established,” he added. “Of course we have young players throughout the club, with people like Chicharito [Javier Hernandez], but the main body of players has been here a long time.
“They know there are some games where they have to find a solution to problems the opposition give them. We never give in - it’s a great quality. And their perseverance and ability to find solutions have got better as the team have got older,” he said. (ANI)
- Not worried about Arsenal, Chelsea, now we feel like champions: Fergie - Apr 24, 2011
- 'Good substitutions' changed the game against West Ham United: Rooney - Apr 03, 2011
- Ferguson, Pardew question referee over penalty denial - Apr 20, 2011
- 'Dedicated' Hernandez has exceeded Man U expectations: Ferguson - Apr 24, 2011
- Man U stars blew it against the Wolves: Fergie - Feb 06, 2011
- Rooney give me 10 goals and Berbatov 30, demands Ferguson - Feb 02, 2011
- Juventus, Genoa lure Man U's fed-up striker Berbatov - Mar 19, 2011
- Fergie not to play Rooney against Schalke in order to destroy Chelsea - May 04, 2011
- No need to spend big to regain Premier League: Ferguson - Jul 20, 2010
- Valencia return 'big boost' for Man U's Premier League title bid: Ferguson - Mar 29, 2011
- 'New Man U star Hernandez nearly quit football after failing in Mexico's first division' - Oct 28, 2010
- Chivas Win Inaugural Match In Chivas Estadio Against Manchester United - Jul 31, 2010
- Cole, Fortune tip Manchester United to win EPL - Apr 11, 2012
- Man U defender Brown's future hanging by a thread following Ferguson bust-up - Oct 09, 2010
- Man U striker Hernandez sidelined with ankle injury - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: alex ferguson, big picture, boss, boxing day, chelsea, daily express, javier hernandez, league games, london feb, long time, manchester united, opposition, perseverance, premier league, sir alex ferguson, treble winners, wolves